2023 Club Championships

The Westport 2 in a row attempt ends with a 1-8 to 0-9 defeat to Breaffy. Disappointed to see the mercurial Westport team beaten but they have a young age profile so they’ll be back I’m sure. Castlebar haven’t gone away as showcased by their victory over Ballintubber yesterday.

Only one team is looking to fight . Some serious pucks thrown in the first clip at lads who don’t retaliate.

1 Like

Ballyhale will win Leinster now. It will be them v Slaughtneil in the semi final.

Ballygunnar/Limerick reps v Sars/Kiladangan in Munster final.
Loughrea or Thomas’s coming out of Galway.

@peddlerscross rankings will be box office

1 Like

Who’ll win Tipp?

I think NAP have Doon now or so a fella told me today. Definitely the softer side of the draw

Doon are gonna fuck em up

Psycho is hopping

Sars will be marginal favourites and are guaranteed to turn up but Kiladangan have some serious panache when they hurl well.

Hard to bet against Sars though.

Does worse was to follow mean better was to come?

1 Like

Potentially

Doon would seem to be 4th of the big 4 by a distance for the moment. They are down a lot of bodies. I believe DOD is playing injured for them and if Adam English got injured today they may forget it

There’s something inside so strong

Was in attendance yesterday in Loughgiel for the first Antrim SHC semi final, Ballycastle vs Cushendall. Horrible conditions, rain with a driving breeze. Cushendall played with the conditions in the 1st half and Ballycastle hung in. Ballycastle got an early goal, flooded players back and were doing ok, But the cornerback got intercepted, goal and then gave away another ball, goal. Never mind a SHC semi final you would be angry with an u 13 giving those goals away. Gifted Cdall a 2.5 to 1.2 half time lead (shit score line yes, but the conditions were terrible). Against the breeze C’dall carried the ball a lot better than B’castle and ran out easy winners. Very disappointing,

Today the wankers from Loughgiel beat the other wankers from Dunloy, but i wasnt at it and i didnt watch it online so cant say any more than that.

13 Likes

Just watching back the Ballyhale game as I was engaged when it was on, the Mullens, Paddy and Adrian could have had 8 yellow cards Between them and there’s only 35 mins gone. Paddy eventually got the line.

I enjoyed reading that. Condoleces all the same.

1 Like

@binkybarnes what’s the lowdown on the hurling semi finals ? the Two stronger teams Lucan and Na fianna meeting in one semi final ? Donal Burke have any chance of being back if they get to final ?Would Boden be fancied to beat Vinnies ?

An entertaining day out in Parnell Park yesterday where the Dublin SHC kicked into action.

Ballyboden vs Cuala was the curtain raiser. Cuala took a chance by starting King Con. However he was well ring rusty after possibly only a couple of sessions since they got knocked out of the football. Cuala are a pale shadow of their former selves and Boden had the game won after a lightening start. They were 2-7 to 0-3 up after 20 minutes. They kept Cuala at arms length from there winning in the end 2-24 to 1-20. I don’t know how good they are as Cuala were really poor at times. However they have momentum now.

The second semi was a repeat of the previous two finals. @peddlerscross gave a good report of it above. Na Fianna started really well and led by 2-8 to 0-7 at the break. Crokes kicked into gear in the 2nd half with the introduction of Ronan Hayes who got 1-3. They got back level a few times but never got in the lead. Na Fianna kept their heads this time and clipped 1-2 in injury time to win on a scoreline of 4-15 to 1-21.

Na Fianna meet Lucan in one semi, while Ballyboden play Vincents now.

Official @peddlerscross Club Football Power Rankings in association with Box Office Industries as of 02/10/2023.

The wheat is very much being sorted from the chaff.

1. Watty Graham’s Glen
  2. Kilmacud Crokes*
  3. Moycullen
  4. Kilcoo
  5. Corofin
  6. Errigal Ciaran
  7. Mountbellew Moylough
  8. St. Finbarr’s
  9. Ballyboden St Endas
  10. Dingle
  11. Naas
  12. Crossmaglen Rangers
  13. Slaughtneil
  14. St. Judes
  15. Clonmel Commercials
  16. Naomh Conaill
  17. Nemo Rangers
  18. Scotstown
  19. Burren
  20. Ballina Stephenites
7 Likes

Three teams from both Galway and Dublin. Only three Munster teams then.

4 Munster teams

1 Like

The POWER RANKINGS are agnostic of County bias.