2023 Club Championships

Raheny fairly fucked up there

Raheny 1-14 Crokes* 2-11.

ET to follow. Raheny let Crokes work a goal deep into injury from a short free.

They scored 1-2 without reply before that late on to go 3 up. At 1-13 to 1-11 they went forward with the keeper out of the picture (he came forward to challenge Fenton under the kick out) but the forward clipped the top of the bar & over with only a retreating defender to beat.

That was very naive at the end.

Raheny up 3 & conceded a goal, got one last attack & Sean McMahon I’m not sure what he tried to do but looked easier to score than miss…

On a side note looks like Shane Walsh has free takeaway in stillorglin

1 Like

Tried to fist it over from 14 yards out & duffed it when he could have just tapped it over.

Gaoth Dobhair into the Donegal county final with a 3-09 to 0-11 win over McCumhaills. Oisin Gallen kicking all but one of the losing team’s scores and him double marked the entire match.

Conor Ferris v Rob Hennelly now in the shootout

1 Like

Raheny the better team by some distance but very naive at the end . Crokes look a team who’ve been on the road a while and in two all Ireland finals in a row . Raheny should have worked a goal when crokes keeper was up the field at the end . Thought ref gave Raheny a lot more than he gave crokes. Think winner of championship comes from tomorrows match .

1 Like

Commiserations to @Bandage and Raheny.

1 Like

I finished my 20 mile run in St Anne’s Park this morning to collect my young lad from training & the word was Fenton had tried to lull Crokes* into a false sense of security with his Irish Times interview & an ambush was on. So near & yet so far. That said I don’t feel any affinity for the club myself, maybe that’ll change if my young lads progress through the ranks & play matches for them. We’re still in th Ogra set up - smacking tyres with hurls & so on.

4 Likes

Glen Maghera cruise into the Derry Semi Finals with a facile 9 point win.

The rematch with Crokes* in what would be the Club game to end all Club games remains very much ON.

Can’t see it happening.

Scenes!

1 Like

Unbelievably naive for sure. Ferris is a complete liability for Crokes and has been for a long time. Shaneen has wintered well in Stillorgan.

1 Like

In theory if Crokes* win the Dublin County Final, Leinster should take care of itself and they’ll be there in an AI Semi.

Glen Maghera have a rougher road to navigate on paper. Slaughtneil will have to be beaten in Derry and then a Naomh Conaill will be no mugs in Ulster before they go into the trenches again with Kilcoo.

But there has to be a chance Crokes* duck it. If it still looks to be “on” in 6 weeks time, dont be surprised to see Kilmacud* falter to a Naas or Ratoath. It looks like they’ve hit the wall themselves and the last thing they’d want is a fair fight, 15 v 15 with Glen who’ll have McFaul on board this time. If they were to lose a fair rematch their “All Ireland win*” would ring even hollower. From their perspective a loss in Leinster may be the lesser of two evils.

Colt Shanahoe, Sounds like a MAGA congressman from Wyoming

3 Likes

Shanahoe chief

So in summary.

Crokes should win Dublin but may not
Crokes should breeze through Leinster but may not.

Gotcha

Im just not buying the “Crokes* are a tired team, on the road a long time” excuse. If they lose between here and an All Ireland Semi Final, it will be a fuck up.

When Corofin were doing back to back to back All Ireland’s they never looked “tired”.

1 Like

They’re down about 5 or 6 players from last year