2023 Club Championships

I presumed that was a piss take

Scully I presume. He is Curtis for slow learners.

I watched that game. Is Davoren a sister of Mark who was FF on the club AI team of 09?

3 Likes

Scully is a fucking ape and a stones and simpleton but there’s one in every county and they have their uses

She is indeed. Their Mammy was an old banking colleague of mine. Mark Davoren featured for Dublin a few times around then but picked up a couple of bad knee injuries, if I recall correctly.

1 Like

He finished Francie Bellew in the 2009 AI Club Final.

Think he scored a goal on his Dublin Championship debut v Laois or someone but got injured in the process and barely played again.

Fairly sure the auld lad was a cop. He was a lovely full forward. As you said I think the knees did for him. A few cruciates IIRC.

He was. My Oul boy worked with him at some point.

2 Likes

A pity - he was ray cosgrove with speed and would have been unstoppable when he filled out. Had a nice gig with paddy power for a while.

Speaking of clubhouses, Confey always have something on the go. We played an u9 blitz there a few weeks ago and there was a full on Indian wedding party out the back.
O’Toole park could have all sorts of spacers in too.

my memory of him was a tall rangey lad who ran around a lot . he had nowhere near the skill of cosgrave but was way more direct than him

Didn’t Parnells clubhouse cater for the afters of a few gangland funerals in the past decade.

A great place to watch a game though.

2 Likes

It did indeed - forgot about there

Were ye bringing the Hall of Famer with ye though?

We’ve another thread for that .I need to see a picture of this.

1 Like

Nope, this was earlier in the year.

They set a high standard; they’d probably be lucky to get soup & sandwiches off us.

1 Like

A massive weekend of club hurling this coming weekend.* Probably the best weekend of club hurling of the whole year. Games being streamed online is brilliant.

Limerick semi finals.
Doon vs Nap
Kilmallock vs Patrickswell

Galway semi finals
Turloughmore vs Loughrea
St Thomas vs Sarsfields

Kk semi finals
Ballyhale vs James Stephens
O Loughlins vs Bennettsbridge

Dublin semi finals
Lucan vs Na Fianna
Ballyboden vs St Vincents

Cork Final
Sarsfields vs Midleton

Tipp Final
Sarsfields vs Kildangan

Kildare Final
Naas vs Coill Dhubh

Antrim Final
Cushendall vs Loughiel

Offaly Final
KK vs Shinrone

• I might be wrong on some of the details but stand by the fact it is the best weekend of club hurling of the year.
13 Likes

There’s a problem in the scheduling in that last weekend was pretty poor and this weekend is amazing.

Something that needs sorting going forward.

2 Likes

There are some big issues with the scheduling calendar. The Tipp Champions on Sunday will have 5 weeks to wait around for Munster. Not a good look when a load of clubs were finished hurling in August. Then if you actually go and win Munster you have no time to enjoy it with the All Ireland Club Semi Finals rushed off two weeks later pre-Christmas before another 5 week gap to the final in late January.

There is another great Hurling ‘on paper’, on the first weekend in early December when all three Provincial Finals take place but again this isnt maximising exposure for the game as we saw last year, when the Munster Final was given a graveyard slot on an early Saturday afternoon while the Ulster Final clashed with the Leinster Final.

4 Likes

What are rte doing picking this as well after looking at that line up.

1 Like

I’d say most if not all of the other fixtures are on Sunday.

1 Like