2023 Club Championships

Good game.

Very small crowd there.

Not a pairing for the neutrals but I think the Old Stand is open

Ya neither club would capture the public support.

Kiladangan prob should be ahead.

The GAA should have a look at the venues being used in some counties if the club game is going to continue being the showcase for the sport for more months of the season. Thereā€™s actually probably a grand enough attendance in Thurles, hard to judge how many are in the Old Stand, but the crowd looks lost in the ground and in fairness it does detract from the spectacle on tv. Similar case yesterday with the Doon - NaP game being played in front of acres of concrete and faded seats. Only really an issue in a few counties, but of course those are the ones that will have high profile club championships. Cork actually have a decent alternative with PUR but final being played in PUC anyways.

Looks like a very small crowd in thurles but there still isnā€™t a venue big enough to hold it with the possible exception of nenagh

Iā€™ll call that a TFK exclusive

Ya itā€™s been a long time since I was in Nenagh and Iā€™d say it is one of those grounds that has no real capacity? Clonmel maybe be similar size but there would be war probably bringing a game like this down there. But for instance the semi final yesterday in Limerick could well have been played in Kilmallock.

Crucial goal for the 'dangan there, good stuff this.

Kiladangan just canā€™t push on after getting to level.

In my time Tipp played league games in Carrick, Clonmel, Cloughjordan and most recently Nenagh

Billy :clap:

A man I thought would be a superstar after that U20 final in Limerick all those years ago, signs lately he is beginning to push on?

Heā€™s doing well to be walking tbf

Itā€™s Billy Seymour he was talking about

1 Like

Great game

Dochreidte!

You wanted the ref to play a few more seconds there.

Ahhh. Shoulda said. Thereā€™s really only one Billy that matters

A great game. Kiladangan got a few worldie scores in the second half whereas Sars scores seemed to come easier.

1 score in the ā€œmouth wateringā€ Derry semi final after 20 minutes. Thatā€™s Ulster football for you

2 Likes

Iā€™ll give full report on Tipp Finals later.

What a game in Owenbeg. Glen lead 0-01 to 0-00 after nearly 25 minutes.

Reminiscent of Ali v Frazer.

3 Likes