2023 Club Championships

All sixteen of you*

1 Like

+1. I’d find the likes of a Ballymun or Na Fianna far more interesting in Leinster. Ballyboden’s All-Ireland title in 2016 was a bit of a damp squib against Castlebar. Even their Leinster success in 2019 was a bit of a dour game that they fell over the line in against Eire Óg. Lacks the swashbuckling football of Vincent’s 2014 or the controversy surrounding Kilmacud Crokes in 2022-2023.

Are county final go fund me’s the new thing? I’ve seen two of them now. Not sure they sit well with me

Club near us covered gear and meals from one, raised over 2k.

You’d be mortified. Any club in county final could surely put their hands on 2 grand in the morning

Kilcoo are a despicable shower of bastards to a man. The Down county board should seek the senior managers resignation

TG4 love a camera shot of assembled roasters looking sagely at proceedings after a score is taken

2 Likes

Sense prevails.

1 Like

That’s no harm, madness in the first place.

Boden v portlaoise and Boden v clonmel were two great games .destroying hot favourites castlebar with swashbuckling football in final as 3/1 outsiders . Judging them on a pig of a day with wind and rain in 2019 v Erie og is harsh.
As much as it pains me to say it Crokes have played turgid shit to get to two all Ireland finals . Ballymun v Dr. crokes in Thurles was as dull a semi final as I can remember. We won’t even get into Na Fiannas team of Mercs in Leinster , it’s that long ago since Rathnew out played and outmuscled them in Newbridge.

Based off that article I think its fair to say the AI Semi’s will be in Croke Park too this year.

Dublin wont like this

was na fianna v rathnew not in Navan?

Was there any evidence to back that claim up made available by Kilcoo?

A lot of it seems to stem from this hugely controversial 2020 game.

Meh.

Is it not claimed that the referee “ openly claimed of doing Kilcoo out of a game “……

Yes but they were hardly ever going to be able to prove that.

They’ve acted like complete cunts here and going to the DRA over it looked nothing more than a powerplay trying to show the country their financial muscle.

If they meet Crossmaglen in an Ulster Club Semi Final, they’ll need the United Nations Peacekeeping Unit to maintain order.

1 Like

Nope , was in newbridge , actually think it was just a few days before Christmas . That was a proper team Rathnew had then, a mix of class footballers , big strong men and a few out and out headhunters.

They brought the Association into disrepute regardless and should be fucked out of the Ulster competition at a minimum.

Down Co Board weak as fuck too, should have cancelled the game as opposed to relenting.

1 Like

They wont be fucked out, but karma will come back to bite them.