2023 Club Championships

The Irish examiner go in two footed on the Kilcoo scumbags today in their podcast.

Rouse refers to how they have the financial clout to go all the way to the DRA and overemphasises their “small resources”.

Horan also doesn’t hold back.
No hope Kilcoo are winning the Ulster or all Ireland club.

Pity they have to resort to such tactics.

1 Like

The football pod is excellent. Lads who have their homework done, watched games and give straight opinions.

Apart from TJ the hurling is some waffle from Landers and Daly, giving out about admission prices and a not being able to stream games. Quite obvious Daly was dying with a hangover on the Sunday and was winging it about games from bits on Twitter he read.

2 Likes

Daly does his homework but can’t help trying to be a gas man.

Landers is landers, I think they need to move on from spending 25 minutes on about their latest pint drinking escapade and you’d have a decent effort.

First time listening to the football podcast, it’s excellent. Horan is surprisingly honest.

1 Like

Maurice brosnan is brilliant too as is rouse, I can’t warm to leen but I have a disliking for kerry arrogance

2 Likes

They look to have gone up a level on last year and maybe even the year they won the All Ireland but they will have to go through Ulster the hard way.

Most likely Derrygonnelly first up away who are no mugs.

Then Friends of the Forum Scotstown in a QF, (albeit at home) which is basically half the Monaghan team between Beggan, Hughes x2, Carey, McCarthy, McCarron and the ginger wing back who scored the goal against Tyrone.

Then Crossmaglen or Errigal in a Semi Final.

All the while Glen will probably be blitzing their way past Magherafelt, Cargin and Glenties on the other side.

Another showdown at the Athletic Grounds on December 10th is very much what the public want.

3 Likes

He doesn’t, got it arseways on the Dublin bit that he was covering by himself. He said that Pat Gilroy wasn’t over Vincents when he was quite clearly seen on the stream and mentioned in commentary. He also said Donal Burke was back playing for Na Fianna when he was carrying water/hurleys on Sunday. It was also mentioned in commentary. A quick look at a match report/team sheets would confirm that.

Rouse is a gem. He directs the topics of conversation wonderfully. There was a great one a few weeks back where they were discussing some club game and the conversation organically grew into “how to pick a prospective county player from a club team”. Another week they had a great chat about how a structure/stragegical tweak can negatively impact momentum.

That is up there with the hardest route possible.

Fair enough, I stand corrected.

Cant beat an educated man who has a bit of pride and grá for what he’s going. You could listen to him all day long. Would love to see him in action in a dressing room

2 Likes

The siege mentality that’s going to be building in Kilcoo over the next few weeks is going to be fascinating to watch.

I’d say its gonna be fucking awful to watch actually

2 Likes

I’m going booking the Armagh City Hotel for the Ulster Club Final weekend.

brutal by Daly if the above is accurate

How much does it cost to listen to rouse and co?

Nuffink

Moycullen edge out Mountbellew Moylough in Galway.

0-11 to 0-09.

Sounds like it was a cracker.

The race for Andy Merrigan is really beginning to take shape.

The Geaneys and Tom O’Sullivan 0-6 to 0-4 up over Mid Kerry. They play a lovely brand of football.

Mid Kerry didn’t spare them when they got the chance.

Mikey Geaney has a silly temper which cost his club there. Mid Kerry probably would have won it anyway.

Underwhelmed by Mark O’Connor.