2023 Club Championships

Niall Moyna.

1 Like

Would I be right in saying no one has done it since Treaty sars in the 60s? Not even the great drom sides.

seems fitting that Adare have 2 drom men in coaching who will now try to stop it from happening.

Dont think so. Drom with 4 in 6 years was probably as close as someone came in recent times

1 Like

I think there’s huge potential here to make a killing with an accumulator bet. We have lads here from every county in Ireland. Local knowledge and all that. Probably a bit late for this year but I might start up a thread next year if I think of it.

Simple enough task really. We’d simply put up a pole for each county and HOPE only informative local lads vote in it.

2 Likes

Adare had 3 in 4 too before NCW got their shit in order

Good luck with that. PS, ask @rocko to make it private.

Ballylinan wont be bet in the Leinster Intermediate. The showdown is set for a massive showdown between alrights sorts Psycho and John in 2 rounds time when Ballylinan and Allenwood are due to clash in Laois, but I fancy the Bally boys to do the business.

The last two years were the one’s to do it… we may have missed the boat.

Who could possibly have predicted the following could have won their relevant Co. Championships…

Kilcoo,
Crossmaglen,
Cargin
Glenties,
Glen,
Kilmacud* Football
Naas Hurling and Football
Ballygunner
Ballyhale,
St. Thomas
Na Piarsaigh
Clonmel Commercials
Errigal Ciaran
Moycullen

You could maybe argue the following would have let you down…
Portarlington 2023, Kilmacud Hurlers 2023, Ballyea 2023, Scotstown 2022

But still if you had a bit of balls about you you’d put them into a load of different combination bets and still make a killing.

I went in hard on a Provincial Championship Accum about 6 weeks back that I have a fairly good cashout option on already, but I will roll the dice for another while

Glen,
Kilmacud Crokes* (Football)
Moycullen
Clonmel Commercials
Ballygunner
Na Fianna (Hurling)

Moycullen and Kilmacud* got over big tests this weekend so I think they will all do it now bar Na Fianna who should still make a final but if that’s vs Ballyhale then I will cashout.

2 Likes

Dunloy cost me a packet. Not sure if going for the football and a long year caught up with them but they went out tamely.

1 Like

Yeah you’d have been banking on them too alright. Slaughtneil hurlers too obviously.

@Aertel220 is usually good to predict the goings on in some of the Tier 2 Counties - Wexford, Carlow, Wicklow etc.

1 Like

Parnells are in the Dublin intermediate final this week. A Leinster game vs Ballylinan would have a lot of Laois lads wondering who to shout for.

5 Likes

Is there many Laois lads still up there? Should we arrange a rescue? Can they even be rescued at this stage?

Parnells surely win fuck all anyway?

They’ll surely beat Barndarrig and reach the semi-finals anyway. The national school in Barndarrig has a population of only 20 students. They must be fetching a few from other schools nearby or else that achievement in going up to senior is truly remarkable. It sounded like Johnny Doyle gave yet another Tour De France for Allenwood yesterday. That last gasp point in the quarter-final looking all the more valuable now.

In fairness Stokestown won in Roscommon last year and Pearses won a couple in a row too. Clann Na Gael got over the line not too long ago as well. It’s Boyle that you’d have to feel sorry for. Beaten in the senior final by a point now two years in a row. The first one against a Strokestown team who’ll reside in Intermediate next year.

I agree with you here. I had pints in Boyle once (2013) and enjoyed them and I also had a lovely day out at Lough Key Forest Park once (August Bank Holiday Monday 1995) so Boyle are my Roscommon club football team of choice.

1 Like

Boyle is the nicest town in Roscommon ( a very low bar)

1 Like

I have an inside scoop from a friend down that neck of the woods. Be great to see them get over the line and finally win one. The Smiths probably have another couple of years of a window, Cian McKeon added another bit of quality in recent years. They’ll need to win one soon though. 1927 since their last senior title.

1 Like

The Vienna of Roscommon.

1 Like

How soon is now?

2 Likes

A long time since they were rubbing shoulders with Arsenal in the mid-00’s. They’ve been usurped by Molde of late. The long-term work of Coach Ole reaping its benefits no doubt. Olympiakos would be a good example too although they’ve missed out on a couple of titles lately too. We have a Rosenborg type situation developing in the LOI of late with the dominance of Shamrock Rovers.