2023 Club Championships

Bit long in the tooth I would think.

1 Like

Not sure how Dingle will go .

The Kerry County Championship has always been their ‘be all and end all’. I was disappointed how they fell away to Mid Kerry - be tough to get back up for Munster. Not sure if its a good or bad thing they’ve another month until they play that, but perhaps the equally Prestigious West Kerry Championship can fill the gap.

I think they pivoted this year, won the Kerry Club and used the County then keep themselves right, safe in the knowledge they were never beating a South Kerry. I’d say they’re in a lovely spot, albeit with or without MOC.

You might be right.

Kerins O’Rahelly’s walked so that Dingle can run.

Who’ll be favourites to win Munster? Castlehaven on paper look quite strong but the quality of the game with Nemo left a lot to be desired apparently.

Dingle - 6/5
Haven - 2/1
Clonmel - 9/2
Cratloe - 10/1
Rathgormack -14/1
NCW - 33/1
Adare - 66/1

1 Like

Clonmel should probably request to play their two ‘home’ games v NCW and Dingle in Pairc Ui Chaoimh.

Then Haven in the final back in PUC too…

There’s just something very special about a Tipperary football side playing down there in November.

2 Likes

Rathgormack a lot shorter than NCW or Adare there which is quite interesting

NCW need to win a Limerick Final, beat Clonmel away then Dingle to make a final.

4 big games to win it.

Rathgormack just need to win 2 and have Haven/Cratloe at home in a semi final.

1 Like

Adare will catch them this weekend.

Will Drom beat Mungret?

Hard to see how with the clipping Mungret gave them at the start of the year. Mungret would definitely have a better chance of being competitive next year.

A one week turnaround then for Munster is not ideal.

Its all falling very nicely for Clonmel I think.

Trillick v Crossmaglen Rangers on Saturday Nov 11th at 7.15pm.

That’ll surely be televised.

Crossmaglen probably have just about enough ignorance and arrogance to win that and set up a game from hell vs Kilcoo (assuming Kilcoo don’t trip up in the meantime)

1 Like

I’d love to venture up to a game like that

1 Like

Kilcoo and Glen would surely be the one as well. Pure fucking hatred and bile in every corner of the stands, let alone the pitch.

1 Like

I have an accomplice lined up for the final this year assuming its Kilcoo v Glen again. Armagh City Hotel provisionally booked and all.

Was talking to a few Carryduff fellas from Down in Manchester at the weekend and the stories about Kilcoo were unreal.

A Kilcoo v Crossmaglen game probably clashes with Dingle v Clonmel which is a big pity.

5 Likes

Glen are tremendous supporters but generally harmless in the grand scheme of things. The colour and flares they bring really add to it.

The contrast to Kilcoo is what makes that rivalry what it is. Kilcoo are mad.

1 Like

Another match against kilcoo with exponentially greater hatred than last year would be excellent preparation for glen. It will stand to them when they face the seventeen men of kilmacrud*

3 Likes

11/8 now that it happens.

Both clubs gone odds on to retain their Provincial titles. Its going to be like Ballyhale v Ballygunner last year on steroids.

Milton and McGill will probably fix it for a Saturday at 12 noon and stream it on GoGo TV.

5 Likes