2023 Failed Rugby World Cup Bid & does anyone remember the Interpros

I’ve had a look on the IRFU website and it lists the following competitions:

TOURNAMENTS
Six Nations, Guinness Series, Rugby World Cup, Women’s Rugby World Cup, Guinness PRO14, European Rugby, British & Irish Cup, Women’s Sevens Dublin

I don’t see any mention of the much vaunted inter-pros?

3 Likes

You’ve just said you don’t trust me there. That’s an awful slight after I shared my rugby records with you this morning.

I repeat, do your own internetting.

For what purpose? You’re being a bit of a rogue here I feel trying to draw me out. Im not biting

if you are backed into a corner, sometimes its better not to come out swinging

check mate

You’ve extrapolated a competition out of the Anglo-Celtic-Lombardy-Afrikaan League. Time to be honest with the forum for once in your life.

1 Like

No pal youve decided that anecdotal non verified info can be brought into any debate

I’ve done some further digging and they do in fact go to the trouble of listing an interpro competition under the section “Provinces”, called the “Womens Inter-provincial Series”, but again no mention of a similar competition for the men.

It’s almost as if this competition doesn’t exist.

cc @GeoffreyBoycott

:anguished::anguished::anguished:

this means that jeff has been exposed as a fraud unless some travelling salesman sold him dud encyclopaedias ?

whoa…
@GeoffreyBoycott just told us it was the “interpros” is that the same as the "pro 14 " so?
can you lads at least align before posting?

1 Like

I did not decide anything mate. You seem to have taken that opinion which is your call.

@GeoffreyBoycott extrapolated a fake competition out of the Anglo-Celtic-Lombardy-Afrikaan League.

Is this similar to how the Beer Cup used to be all and end all of rugby competitions until the Irish teams started doing shit in it? Suddenly the Cider League became an extremely prestigious tournament, but now that the Irish team can’t win that, the “interpros” are where its really at?

1 Like

@GeoffreyBoycott needs to explain himself here… Why does the official IRFU website and his fellow rugger bugger @tallback both give us contradicting evidence ?

The province with the best league record against the other three provinces over the course of the season are the Inter Provincial champions. That’s the way its been since its inception in 1946.

The expansion to a Pro 14 team league for 2017/18 has seen the tournament split into two pools of 7. Connacht and Munster are in Pool A and Leinster and Ulster are in Pool B. In restructuring the tournament, it was negotiated that Connacht and Munster from Pool A would still play Leinster and Ulster from Pool B home and away. This was negotiated to preserve the Inter Provincial championship which dates back to 1946.

They need to get their human centipede realigned and come back with an explanation.

4 Likes

You extrapolated a fake competition out of the Anglo-Celtic-Lombardy-Afrikaan League.

Shame on you.

any link to the standings for the inter pros?

its actually disgusting behaviour when you reflect upon it

1 Like