2023 Summer Transfer Window

He wasn’t charged because key witnesses withdrew their statements, do we have to spell it out anymore for you?

2 Likes

I’m afraid so

1 Like

A yapping pup looking for attention of the big dogs

Did they now…so he’s guilty then? Is that how it works? Fuck it, lets have a proper lynching…

From a city supporter in laois…:rofl:

At least the big dogs have the common sense to know which way the wind is blowing here

Big dogs gonna dog bro :fist_right:

So its the way the wind is blowing is how one should think? Smacks a little of groupthink…

Who has a go at the muslim morality police?

1 Like

Any auld transfers lads?

2 Likes

Be hard turn it down tbf.

I expect the Saudi league to ultimately fail badly like other leagues that have tried this stuff like Russia and China. Players are obviously coming for the money and will continue to do so but no matter how high profile the players they’ve got, and Ronaldo, Neymar and Benzema are top tier in terms of profile, they’re all basically done as footballers. How long the majority of players will stick around for is moot. I can see a lot of 30-32 year olds going for one or two seasons, taking the easy money and then getting the hell out.

It doesn’t matter how much they market the thing, people in Europe will not be interested, and the Saudis will not gain entry to European football like some people think simply because nobody in Europe is interested in them and their entry would massively diminish the Champions League as a product.

1 Like

He could make the bones of 150.

They have way way more money than the China and Russian legs. They’ll keep it going until the Saudi World Cup.

You can’t manufacture something people will care about. People care about competitions based on tradition. The Saudis paid a load of top golfers to play in LIV and nobody cared, and nobody watched.

The Saudis could go out and recruit the top 50 footballers in the world, pay them each 300 million per season, and still people in Europe wouldn’t care, in fact it might actually revitalise European club football in many ways because you might have a genuinely unpredictable competition run with largely local talent. As it is they’re just pumping lots of money into European football.

The way people in Europe look at Ronaldo, Benzema, Neymar and Mané is that they have retired. They’ll think the same about Salah if he goes, which he probably will over the next year or two.

The Saudis apparently won’t be hosting the 2030 World Cup now.

The MLS is still far better placed in the long term to become a challenger to European football because it’s slowly building up, year by year by year, football in the US keeps growing, clubs are developing real fanbases, living in the US is attractive to players, and European markets are far more likely to take to a competition based in US cities than an utterly faceless Saudi competition.

3 Likes

I don’t think the plan is to make money of it.

1 Like

There have been some decent USA players who have been exported to Europe too.

I think Pulisic is an excellent player and was a snip for Milan at 20m, granted in the last year of his contract.

There’s interest in Tyler Adams from Leeds too. MacKensie was getting his game at Juventus not long ago.

No Saudis have yet made that progression.

that needs to be fact checked

he wasnt a professional at Bohs so why would they get money?

if this is what he is due, Kevins will get most of it

The calculation of solidarity payments is slightly simpler than the calculation of training compensation. As a starting point, five percent of the transfer fee will be deducted, and divided between the clubs that trained the player between his 12th and 23rd birthday.

1 Like

Saudis destroyed golf. The Americans couldn’t compete and had to let them own it for a finish.

Sure the English clubs destroyed so many leagues. Only Barcelona and Real Madrid can still compete and Barcelona nearly went broke trying to do so.