2024 All Ireland Hurling Championship

Retract that.

1 Like

bean GIF by marko

1 Like

Genuinely mortified.

The innocence of some lads is endearing.

If that tackle was in rugby you’d get done for a no arms tackle.

Tony Kelly? Agreed, you can’t run at some then duck into their chest.

Nope he’s possession.

Exactly, charging it’s called.

If you want to watch that go watch rugby is what I’d say.

The rule makers have broken hurling.

I saw somebody suggest on here there should be a mark for a catch.

We used to have a skill called an overhead pull. Yano when the ball is dropping and you’re surrounded by four players you just flick it through because the law of averages dictates there’ll be a free man.

I’d like to see a heavier ball trialed. I don’t see any draw backs.

I canvassed 5 non Clare / Limerick fans since Sunday and they said they stopped watching the game on Sunday basically.

I don’t blame teams or the refs. They will always push the boundaries to the max but the people directing the whole thing badly need to wake up.

He kilt him

That has nothing to do with what we are talking about.
WOD stands completely upright and Tony Kelly drops his head and shoulder into him.

Are you seriously suggesting that WOD should step aside and let Kelly off in his bike? :joy:

A picture says a thousand words… Kelly should have been penalised

2 Likes

I don’t know the precise rule but I’d have no issue if that’s a sending off. Tackle the ball and not the man bar shoulder to shoulder.

1 Like

It’s not a red but the fact WOD was penalised and not Kelly should alarm refereeing assessors watching

2 Likes

Shoulder to shoulder would make it much easier for refs as well.

Making the refs job number one is much easier.

Ye’re ruining hurling ye cuntz.

I hope we ruin it for forever. Winners win, losers cry.

No the rule makers are ruining it.

The 65 isn’t fit for purpose.

Simple stuff they are absolutely asleep on.

They’re actually even ruining talking about it.

3 Likes

It’ll all be over before you know it…

When Jarlath Burns took over as GAA president his first job was to create a committee to fix the ills of Gaelic football, it’s amazing how the media narrative has led us to believe Gaelic football is far worse than it is Portrayed and hurling is massively overhyped in the common age.

I was talking to a fella the other day who said that Limerick play great hurling because they score 0-30 most games, I said should we keep this going so and the next great team will be even better and score 0-40. He never really thought about that but that’s the level of intelligence you’re dealing with.

5 Likes