2024 All Ireland Hurling Championship

https://twitter.com/gaelicstatsman/status/1809612860454236368

Same wides. But the dropped shorts and saved shots killed KK.

As well as the free conversion %

1 Like

Cup finals are there to be won baby. Clare will front up. Might not be enough but they won’t take a backward step from JP’s brigade.

People thought the free conversion % would be crucial but in favour of Kilkenny.

Fair play to McCarthy, his frees have been hit & miss at times and probably deserved to be dropped the last day but must have responded well in training.

Got a couple of scores from play in the first half too.

1 Like

Ryan Taylor certainly didn’t look like a man who’s been out of hurling for so long. I thought he looked fit, sharp and made a big contribution energy-wise when introduced. He improves that team immeasurably by being back.

6 Likes

There are no neutrals when it comes to tipp. Puadie was a massive cunt.

He was immense.

1 Like

He’s a serious player, but I was surprised at how sharp he looked considering.

Big boost for Clooney-Quin too.

Great option to have for them.

3 Likes

Ultimately the benches were the difference.

Kilkenny had no bullets to fire.

1 Like

2013 semi-final.

Incredible when you consider Conlon is from a central position.

Turnovers lost by Conlon might not read as well

2 Likes

Turnovers won is such a bullshit stat. Literally no teams use it.

A ball mis-hit into space picked up by someone is a turnover won…

Really ‘turnover forced’ is something that could be used but still not used

2 Likes

I just meant Hogan winning that many in the corner compared to Conlon central to the play. Hogan was magnificent. Player you’d love to have. If Cork had someone like him in the fullback line they would be in some position.

1 Like

Gives the idiots on panels and podcasts nowadays something to say to appear as if they have a clue.

I do record turnovers forced but it is quite subjective and I’d rarely use it in decision-making.

Turnovers won tend to be more of an overall team/shape thing.

1 Like

It was the same last year. Clare had every chance with 10 to go but didn’t have anything to bring on while Kenny, Richie Hogan, Walter, Buckley and Padraig Walsh all made telling contributions last year down the stretch. Complete role reversal.

Bringing on Conor Fogarty for an inside forward late was bizarre

1 Like

Cody would be lynched for it.

1 Like

Nice banter between Cody and hogan after the goal. Could see by hogans smile he was acknowledging the class of the goal.
Great battle between the two of them.

8 Likes

I was amazed to see Conor Fogarty togged tbh, I hadn’t realised he was still on the panel.

They have the two of ye rightly softened this evening

7 Likes