2024 All Ireland Hurling Championship

There’s far too much logic on display there, rein it in.

:joy::clap::clap::clap:

You are making up all sorts of stuff there I’m afraid, there is little I can do to make things clearer for you. Apparently Donal Og said hurling is a game of evasion, and now that takes precedence over the rule book - I mean there is little to be done with that type of thinking.

4 Likes

I’ve referred to the rule book. Nothing in it requires WOD to step out of his way. A player in possession cannot charge with the ball. Kelly is in a tight space, he should play the ball out of it. He attempts to charge with the ball, this is against the rules, free against him.

And nothing in it allows WOD to step into his way, in fact it makes clear that he cannot do that. Sure I already explained that if the freeze frame was reality it would be a free against Kelly for charging, but you have ignored all of that. Tis no wonder hardly anyone wants to be a referee!

Are you a non contact 75 frees a game cork type referree by any chance? Is it tag hurling you aspire to see?

Mad stuff going on here

Will you ever fuck off :joy:, I can guarantee you never played the game you’re like that nerdy misfortune with the computer from Little Giants.

1 Like

Hurling as per the rule book. We have already established on here that fellas are being coached tackling in hurling using rules from an entirely different sport. The handiest thing would be to bring a motion to congress requesting the same tackle rules for hurling as football and it would solve all the problems with this one.

1 Like

It was always going to end up this way, lads shown up as a bit clueless and then lashing out. There is a fella on here coaching hurling who didn’t know he was using the rules for tackling in football, and yet it’s the referees who are at fault!

3 Likes

It is not then a case of potentially thats what the ref saw/refs see? As per @Aristotle , it becomes interpretation.

And if ref blows for charging 10 times a match to stamp that out, it equally addresses the tackle situation

He is actually the one coaching by the by

Absolute nonsense mate, Sorry, but in no game in the history of the sport has anyone ever instructed a defender to step out of the way of the attacker. It goes against the basic principle of the game. Moving the ball towards the opposition’s goal.

1 Like

Would it be possible to fashion these images into some sort of “moving picture”?

4 Likes

Christ, please make it stop.

1 Like

Does the rule book detail all of the things you are allowed to do expressly? I don’t think so. Where does it make clear you cannot be in the way? The corollary of that rule would be that people would have to get out of the way. That’s clearly nonsense.

As I pointed out this is a hard case. Kelly is in a tight space against the sideline, he has few options. The player in possession is forbidden from charging. What Kelly is supposed to do in this situation is play the ball out of it. What he actually does is attempt to charge. This is against the rules and it’s a free against him.

I thought it was the wrong decision live, it happened not far away from me, but I’ve sympathy for the ref here because it happened fast and his view was obscured so I wouldn’t make a big deal about it. We have the benefit of watching it back though and your analysis is completely wrong. Kelly keeps running to go through a player, he can’t do that. Kelly clearly pushes off his right foot and turns his left side in, attempting a charge, he definitely can’t do that. He needs to play the ball, if he can’t strike it that’s what the handpass is for. It’s a free against Kelly and it’s not even in question.

I’ll add that Kelly had a poor game, certainly by his standards, and in this and a couple other incidents showed his frustration. He should also have been penalised for his carry on against Reidy.

@Halfpipe is cleaning house here. Down Down Down.

If the roles were reversed, it would have been a clear free for O’Donoghue charging into Kelly while in possession.

A victory for the small man. I’d say Kelly was delighted Sunday night to have won this round with a little subterfuge applied.

1 Like

Its been some evisceration.

Nothing stopping you doing so though your own club. Arigh leat!