2024 All Ireland Hurling Championship

It was a true prize fight that will be remembered as one of the great historically significant games of hurling. The sort of game that leaves you drained even if you’re not from either county.

All-Ireland Gold stuff in 2057.

This has been the Sliding Doors All-Ireland championship.

There were so many Sliding Doors moments which could have eliminated Cork up to now, and each time they escaped.

This would be their greatest All-Ireland if they do close it out.

7 Likes

A brilliant game. Both teams went toe to toe and cork stood up to everything a great Limerick team could throw at them.
Says a lot about the integrity of the game that Limerick kept a cork team in the championship a few weeks ago.

A lot of relieved Kilkenny men around today it seems. Few lads I am in what’s App groups with are very happy today.

2 Likes

Some match,

Well done to Cork to topple the potential 5 in a row.

That Darragh Fitzgibbon is some hurler.

4 Likes

Limerick, the counties had met 65 times in championship, Cork winning 44 (67%) and their neighbours 16 (25%), with five draws. Even four wins to the Rebels’ two over the triumphant last seven seasons has taken Limerick’s overall winning record to just 28%.
It had to turn back to us sometime,
Wheel keeps turning,
If we bate Clare to become AI champions I’ll die a happy man
If we don’t then it’s up in the air again for any of 3/ 4 teams,
Maybe tnos is better for hurling overall,
For now we’re licking cream
And sucking diesel
On Leeside,and fuckin loving it.

4 Likes

Congrats to Cork. Better team on the day. I expected them to win and was sneered at by a few but how and ever. All the best to both teams in the final

2 Likes

Fair play.
Stay off the gargle now.

1 Like

Wasn’t expecting the sheer rabidness of cark.
Congratulations, and absolutely fantastic performance.
I could offer commiserations to the limericks, but they don’t need it, and I’d not really mean it anyway.
The most effective team any of us will ever see.
Think they’ll win two or three of the next five.
Cork won that with a couple of big decisions going against them.
It’s absolutely churlish to accuse them if diving. They were brilliant, and in truth, played more of the champagne hurling.
It took one of the greatest performances I’ve ever seen to dethrone Limerick, as it should, and maybe 4 in a row, equal to kk, was about right.
Good Lord Galway are so far off it’s not funny.
I’m delighted for the cork posters.
Well done and enjoy the night. That’s a halcyon day for the support and the team.
Extra bit of buzz around the final now.
@fenwaypark was bullish. Look upon that and tremble.

13 Likes

PS Ursula is as bad a pundit as there is. And that’s a high bar.

9 Likes

This chap and his brother will be savoured

10 Likes

Bud sent me that on

1 Like

There are going to be a lot of soppy posts over the next little while and I don’t want to add to it, but I will. I’ve had a very tough time over the last few years and this Limerick team has been a huge welcome distraction. My only social interactions or outlets this year have been matches and for that I am very grateful.

I hope they come back next year but if they don’t, and I know this is an overused cliche, they owe us nothing.

46 Likes

You can finally sleep a bit better at night mate, the Limerick demons ruining your life the past 6 years have been vanquished… for now.

Jasus, and I was afraid my post might drive you over the edge.

Enjoy the tennis.

1 Like

Darragh Fitzgibbon. Stickman

6 Likes

FFS I have to get up at 6 am to walk the dogs and send my daughter to school and it’s already 2 in the morning.

3 Likes

Massive congrats to all the corkies but in particular @fenwaypark . you were a great help and leader to my brother and absolute gent. Enjoy your day pal.

And as i say, all other resident corkies, utmost respect for the manner ye went about it today. Full value for your win.

11 Likes

Sign in @Spidey

Not today a chara. Family fun day at club took precedence

1 Like

https://x.com/roycurtis68/status/1809964141328646160?s=46&t=pBoz6vwJNpAFZhshXLNoZg

Roy and Cork
Cork and Roy

A match made in the heavens

1 Like

Tony O’Donoghue, perennial Coty nominee, here too

1 Like