2024 All Ireland Hurling Championship

2 Likes

Sign in @mickee321

1 Like

How could I forget @mickee321

1 Like

https://twitter.com/i/status/1809984099991560508

2 Likes

https://x.com/joebrolly1993/status/1809668018365927746?s=46&t=bi9TPLB4aIa07RQv_xWOxQ

1 Like

ring was a simpleton

3 Likes

Fours or fives don’t matter. It’s just Insecurity on their part . We were happy to win one in 2018. The rest was gravy. Ye’d understand that.

2 Likes

Ah but they do. The difference between four and five is immense. It’s the difference between equalling what a select group of other teams have done versus being undisputed top of the pile, leaving everybody else prostrate at your feet forever.

The difference between four and five is why 82,000 people turned up today. The difference between four and five and is why today’s game will live in history.

19 Likes

Well done to Cork, in full flow they add something to championship hurling that no other county quite manages. And commiserations to Limerick, the annual Munster campaigns probably mean they are feeling it all in the legs a little sooner in their cycle than teams of the past.
I’m looking forward to reading reports of the game when people have had a 2nd chance to look at it. I don’t think it was the classic many are suggesting, some of the wides hit were an awful standard including Horgans free and Hegartys wide from play. The excitement though and a giant being toppled meant it was gripping.
Another element of the game that saw it suffer as a spectacle was the handpassing, and the referees dealing with it.

8 Likes

Well done to cork. Limerick never gave up and gillane was unmarkable. Cork basically ran them off the field…
Will be happy for clare and cork whoever wins the final, but think I’ll shed a tear or 2 if hoggie gets his all Ireland medal.

1 Like

That medic knows the score.
He’s heard the ‘joke’ about when you catch the Cork hurler in bed with your wife you sneak downstairs to make him a cup of tea :muscle:

There was an absolute crazy moment today that makes me wonder is there higher forces watching on.

A cork ball hits the posts and drops close to par Horgan but quaid makes an incredible save.

The exact same thing happened in 2018 semi final but Richie English intercepted it that time.

So so odd.

I wonder like me was Pat Horgan thinking of the 2018 incident.

1 Like

It’s like this. If Cork do four three, four or five it wouldn’t bother me. You get your chance you take it. No more about it.

3 Likes

You’ll enjoy the next few weeks strutting around the glorious SCR

1 Like

I’ll need a spare half zip for when the main one is in the wash :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Lovely

1 Like

Ah well, c’est la guerre.

No complaints, no recriminations. The better team won in an epic. We’ve had great days and we may have some more. Congratulations Corcaigh and best of luck in the final.

6 Likes

:blush::blush:

Brian Hayes got MOTM, who were the other options? I think Collins had his best ever day for Cork by a mile, delighted for him, like Quilligan he gets a lot of stick, I have considered him a weak link, but I might have been very wrong, he made some great and really brave saves today,
Harnedy was his usual self, a superb player for over a decade, rarely ever had a bad game, Darragh Fitz was superb, will be in the shakeup for HOTY

1 Like