Ahhhh now tbh I like Roy C

1 Like

Hoggy deserves a Celtic cross
700 plus points

1 Like

Fixed it Dan

Thanks auld stock - enjoy the evening

1 Like

He’s a great bit of stuff… hopefully will be back in the cork inter county fold in the next few years

1 Like

Well done to the cork lads. They tore into it after half-time and scored 13 points in a quarter. They held out when the waves came.

Sets up a good final pairing.

4 Likes

@fenwaypark is an incredibly shrewd judge. When he predicted a Cork victory yesterday it caught my attention as usually his opinions would be devoid of bias. He had it spot on here to be fair and was vindicated on the belief that they played within themselves against Dublin.

It would’ve been a real travesty if Cork had lost the game based on a poor refereeing decision on the Ethan Twomey handpass. Instead of opening up a 7 point gap late on it afforded Limerick a chance to close the gap to 5. Suddenly the whole pendulum of the game had swung. It would’ve been even more galling for Cork when you consider that Cian Lynch got away with a throw a minute later.

Brian Hayes was outstanding. Contributed 1-4, he seems to relish a game against Limerick having really come of age in the previous meeting. Aaron Gillane provided the x-factor for Limerick. I’ve always been of the opinion that he’s one of the few irreplaceable players on the Limerick team. Their forward line just wouldn’t be the same without him. Adam English with an outrageous score from out on the sideline when the comeback was being staged. A slight “Ronaldo” situation emerging with Hoggie missing the frees but being too big a name to sub off (even at 36), but he did chip in with a couple of lovely scores from play in the second-half and almost clinched it for Cork at the end with alert reaction to the rebound.

A thoroughly enjoyable game and good for the game to see this fine Limerick team beaten. I think we were all a bit startled as Cork opened up a 7 point lead during that astonishing 3rd quarter surge.

What happened between WOD and Sean O’ Donoghue during the parade?

9 Likes

Well done to Cork, best team won on the day and Limerick can have no complaints. This run we were on had to come to an end at some point and whilst we did not want it to end today, I am glad that Cork are the ones to eventually end it. They are a brilliant sporting county, always gracious in defeat.

Limerick owe us nothing and they died with their boots on throwing everything at Cork until the end. Hard to know what will happen now in Limerick there could be a spate walking away as it’s been a long road they’ve been on and they’ve a lot of mileage put up as a group. I think there’s another All Ireland in them over the coming years, supplemented by some great younger players just coming through now.

The final will be an unbelievable occasion. Any game Cork are in is open and end to end, these had 2x classic matches in 2013 and it’ll likely be something similar again. Cork are going to be very hard stopped now they have serious momentum and it just feels like everything is aligning for them. Clare will have to stop a runaway freight train to win this All Ireland but if they do then they will mark themselves down as a proper team in their own right after all those near misses coming toe to toe with Limerick over recent years. For all those on here that follow either county enjoy the next two weeks of build up.

6 Likes

I think you’d have to say that’s vindication for @peddlerscross. Mad to think there were lads here saying that he’d been anonymous at half-time. He picked off a lovely score early doors.

5 Likes

Will do, thanks,
My mate in Belfast on WhatsApp told me ,nerves or not ,you’d need to turn it on now,ye won,
Thought he was winding me up :roll_eyes:

Fair dues

It’s just incredible to think how close they were to elimination. Even after the last minute penalty against Limerick, that umpire in Ennis unknowingly played his part in preventing a Limerick 5 in a row. An even bigger call than we realised at the time when you see Davy stepping down in Waterford during the week too. The late Gearoid O’ Connor equaliser in Walsh Park saved them too essentially. If Waterford don’t foul Alan Tynan then Cork were out. An unbelievable sequence of events.

I heard the Will O’ Callaghan on OTB calling THAT foul by Kyle Hayes a “brain fart”. That’s a sporting term that always gets on my nerves, normally reserved for rugby cliches.

2 Likes

Those Clare Cork games in 2013 were classics. Didn’t Cork put it up to Limerick in the semi final in 2018 if I recall?

1 Like

I’ve said it always, hurling needs Tipperary like air. The finest of hurling counties.

1 Like

I’m not sure this is correct. They died firing stupid fucking wides from impossible angles when if they had had a bit of composure they’d still be in the competition.

4 Likes

At one stage today I was sure it was going to be a replica of 2018. Cork leading by 6, contentious free and then Limerick build momentum to reel them in down the home straight.

1 Like

She’s dreadful.

1 Like

Very surprising not to see them try work a goal when they were on top and firing over points. Hegarty and Lynch never got within an asses roar of getting onto ball in dangerous positions