2024 All Ireland Hurling Championship

May be just me, but it looked like Limerick shifted into their second half formation before half time (were pushed into it early by corks display). Hard to really tell much from the telly though.

I thought he had a decent opening 20 minutes and drove out with a number of balls but didn’t really notice him much after that.

1 Like

I genuinely felt they panicked and was surprised to see it happening. Going for goals especially that were not on. If they had STUCK TO THE PROCESS I think they would have drawn it, undeservedly so maybe.

2 Likes

Indeed ive made thousands off my motm bets the last 2 years bud, if you weren’t such a pig ignorant cunt you would get in on the winnings on the Telegram groups!

Hego’s attempt to beat Collins in the second-half was a classic of that genre. Albeit Limerick nearly got a goal off the rebound.

They weren’t unduly going for goals at all - if a goal chance was on they’d go for it, I don’t think anything was forced. On another day we’d have probably scored two of the goal chances we had. We were 7pts down at two junctures in second half, including with 10mins left. With 6mins left we were 6pts down. Cork were getting points with ease, I was actually thinking we needed to go for goals at that point as points alone I thought would not be enough. But the lads battled and won balls all over place in last 5mins + injury time to the extent that bar a missed point from the Bull late on and then Aidan O’Connor after that would have actually pulled us level. So they stuck to the process and kept battling.

Adam English put one over the bar when a simple pass to a player inside meant an absolute certain goal. It in the small decisions.

Cork seem to have gotten a perfectly good goal disallowed tbf.

3 Likes

That second call against cork for throwing which was obviously incorrect was actually a game changer albeit not, fortunately, a game result changer.
I thought he did pretty well, but he called two seminal moment throws against cork, whilst blatantly ignoring scores of others. It was all a bit odd truth be told.

4 Likes

Well done to Cork :clap:

You always have regrets after a narrow loss but there are no complaints.

We did create lots of chances and were nowhere near clinical enough but never stopped Cork scoring, and getting scores easily and we were going to have to do that.

They only really creaked in the last 10 minutes but they had done enough beforehand.

Fair play to them. Brian Hayes must be the most improved hurler in the country by an absolute mile, he’s transformed completely. Rob Downey aswell was huge.

I thought a lot of Limerick individuals played excellently aswell, but not good enough obviously.

Disappointing for sure but we’ll be back, a superb bunch of players and some great young prospects aswell.

13 Likes

What a game. It looked like limerick would absolutely steam roll them based on the last 15 of the first half. Very satisfying and reassuring for Cork that they came back and even under the cosh had enough players looking to get on the ball. Dalton’s points almost lifted them as a whole. Collins guaranteed an all star there too.

That will be a hard rewatched for the limericks. The shoot from anywhere direction that showed them one of if not the best teams of all time in last year’s final came back to haunt them as there were a few very rash and poor shots with free men inside. What a run though. From nobodies to invincibles. No one wins forever, ye will again.

Great to have an open final, two fresh teams, not sure which county will lose the run of themselves more it’ll be mayhem. Good luck getting tickets.

Congrats @gilgamboa @fenwaypark you ballsy bastard @Corksfinedtboy @ousmanedembele and the other webels

Book the flights @Turenne believe me you’ll regret it if you don’t.

6 Likes

This Limerick team will be remembered in the annals and i daresay in Hayes and Gillane they have team of the century certs almost. I’m relieved however I don’t have be contrarian in future when claiming they weren’t near as good as the KK team of Cody.

Fuck sake :joy:

It’s hurting bad tonight

1 Like

Sorry mate but the Golf R and mansion need the cash for upkeep, you know yourself.

That Dalton score after the limerick goal chance on 46 mins was a real gut punch.

Christ Limerick were cruising going in at HT. Got cleaned in first 5 mins of second half though. Poor Hannon & Mike Casey cleaned out.

The younger lads mainly. But they’ll learn from that.

1 Like

Deckie Dalton boi stuck two daggers in our heart at vital times with long range points from play

Dalton. An absolute dagger

1 Like

It was never on.

Cork will be deservedly favourites and if the two play like they did this weekend Clare will be wiped out. But the Clare’s will have a fair pep in their step to be facing Cork instead of Limerick.

Now or never for Clare. Cork will have plenty chances in the next few years, but at the same time you have to take the ones you get.

Walking out today I thought of that saying. The hand that wields the knife never gets to hold the crown

I actually think this is the worst version of Clare of the last three years. But they’ve made the final now. And get to come in under the radar. And will have no fear of Cork.

Game on Ger

7 Likes

Careful now. They’ll get their fill in the final