2024 All Ireland Hurling Championship

The horgan one was bizarre.

The puck out was trying to fly it over Kyler et al heads but it was debatable.

There definitely could have been another 30 seconds but he did allow the ball into the square, ye had a chance

He’s the greatest number 4 of all time. He genuinely is. You don’t simply replace that.

Waterford didn’t foul Tynan mind you. It was the classic throw yourself on the ground to get a free for the draw when you are one point down.

Cork have serious momentum now and will be hard to stop. I do give Clare a fighters chance though which I wouldn’t have had against Limerick.

Clare are a very experienced team. Without actually checking the stats on them, I’d hazard a guess that they have one of the oldest age profiles of a team in an All Ireland Final since Kilkenny in 1987. One third of their starting team has an All Ireland medal from 2013. Possibly 9-10 of the starting team over 30. The Clare players will know that after all the near misses, this is possibly the one and only chance for this group of players and they’ll be hell bent on making it count.

4 Likes

No complaints. They did what they should have to run down the time. Last ball in was a poor one and sloppy to leave a cork man out in front of his own to catch a delivery that didn’t make it

Limerick are older

Such small moments. Hego taking a quick free and gillane fouling and cork score from that attack.

A two point swing.

Plenty of niggle and digging between Lynch and Coleman in the 1st half, carried on over the Hogan side line as well. Is Coleman a bit of a pup?

“The sideline is an extra defender” according to Cummins

Who will be ref for final?
Who is “due” it

Johnny Murphy godtelpus all

3 Likes

And gillane fouled after that Collins free which is so annoying.

Is he the lad lynch body slammed into the croke park sod a few years ago ?

Man is in a spin, in fairness if I had a resemblance to Buzz from Hardy Bucks id be constantly feeling inadequate too :joy:

Throws finally raised on the Sunday game to argue that referees are blowing it too often

Pat Horgan in the first half was like Rory McIlroy on the back 9 in contention of a major

1 Like

There were some blatant throws not called and some dodgy ones given. Just goes to show it’s not that easy call it in a split second. I have huge sympathy for refs

1 Like

Yeah even Cathal Malone who wasn’t involved in 2013 is 32. I assumed he was 29/30 until I noticed his name on the Clare team in the 2010 minor final that was mentioned here recently.

Encouragingly for Clare they have some very good players coming from recent minor and U20 teams. Just doesn’t quite overlap with prime Kelly and SOD. I’d give them a punchers chance too though. They’ll be delighted to see Limerick gone and will feel there’s shades of 2013 when they didn’t have to beat Kilkenny or a fine Tipp team.

Coleman has his manhood questioned a few years ago

Clare don’t have the pace and power to match cork.