2024 All Ireland Hurling Championship

Corks FB is still absolute dogshit they lived a charmed life today, I wouldn’t be one bit surprised if SOD and Clare hit them for 3-4 goals.

Dowling is a great man for simple

Shane O’Brien’s wide was the key play of the entire game. Score that and Limerick are one point down after 69 minutes with four to be added on, and coming like a train. They don’t get denied extra time at least in that situation.

There followed a panicky wide by the inexperienced Aidan O’Connor and all their momentum was gone. Had they been one point down that panicky wide doesn’t happen.

1 Like

The state of Kiely lining them all up in front of JP clapping ffs :joy:

5 Likes

Clare have a bit of an anomaly of a panel in that they have 40 lads involved but only 6 between 25 and 29 years of age which you would say are prime intercounty years. This is mainly due to cronyism taking over the development squads and underage sides after the 3 in a row at under 21. The rest are from the 3 in a row side or off the better underage sides we have had over the last 5 years between 20 and 24.

Even those five who are involved some have very obvious flaws in Shanagher, Rory Hayes, David Fitz etc.

1 Like

From those two gillane chances you nearly always get one goal.

We ended up with two free outs. It’s killer.

2 Likes

Is Tyler Walsh a guard @peddlerscross?

Horgan is a liability for Cork at times. Reminds me of Harry Kane and England.

2 Likes

Who was the lad Lohan brought in a few years ago at wing back I think it was who was an old enough age that had never hurled inter county before

Paul Flanagan at corner back I’d say you’re thinking of.

No he brought in a big awkward fucker

Well done Cork. Great young team and a fitting team to end it. @backinatracksuit @fenwaypark @ScorpioLyons @Turenne @ousmanedembele @Perez2017 @Corksfinedtboy

Forwards to die for in Cork right now, Kyle to 6 and let’s go for 25’. Limerick go deo.

9 Likes

Paudies fitz

Well done @Perez2017

Pat Ryan is a gentleman

3 Likes

We were there at the same time pal :open_mouth:

1 Like

A load of random points incoming after reading none of the posts here since noon as I’m waiting for a dart after visiting some cathedrals and mass stones(Clearys, Lloyds, Hideout, Palace) I’ll chance one in the club yet.

1. @Bod95 is a gent and pleasure to be with at a match. I’m sure he sees me as a Jonah now. He never swore but his knees did some shaking. I shook his hand at the end today and knew he gladly would’ve taken this result after the many tough days with LK in the past. The journey for 5 in a row had to end somewhere. He has seen his county do stuff mine can only dream of.

2. Congrats to the Corkies. Shot efficenvy wins the day. 41 to 48 in my programme notes. Very rare a team has such fewer shots and wins. The O Connor and O Brien wides were massive.

3. Nash. He deserves a sole point. An incalculable loss. Hannon was taking on water all day. A fit Nash would have sorted that. Hannon is a GOAT, but was targeted at 6 and then at 7. It told a story about the Limerick bench.

4. Hayes- Kyle:I’ve never ever seen a team try and bypass a player so much. A collosus as an island. Limerick have been the best HT team in my lifetime in terms of finding a fix. However not better utilising him as a wheel sweeper or as a 6 at HT was poor.

5. I ultimately feel that Limericks disregard for goals instead of outpointing a team cost them today. There was oceans of space for the inside two exploit. Gillane obviously did win his battle but there was a half forward line disconnect. You cant bank on scoring 30 points every day to win.

6. Well done Cork. I’ve rated Hayes since his 2020/21 under 20 campaign. He is different. Today ye reinvented the wheel. Three inside forwards with a big man. Clubs will be copying all over now.

7. I love Barrett: The oil in the machine. His movement makes everything tick. Hoty contender…

8. I apologise to those who I offended in the past about Rob Downey. Most improved player this year. Cork landed on their best HBL beside him. TOM put in a big shift also. Still convinced on my DF stance. Bar his big catch at the end

9. LK will win 2 if not 3 of the next 3 AIs.

10. I’ve forgotten loads. Feel free to cut

35 Likes

It’s paudie fitz. Think is auld fella was a pal of Lohans.

I find it odd to read a few of the Limericks saying that if they were to lose they were glad they lost to Cork. They beat ye repeatedly for over a century and may do again. I realise it is not as bad as losing to Tipp but beyond that it’s a bit strange.

Nail.on.head.

2 Likes