2024 All Ireland Hurling Championship

I’m not sure, I’ll have to find out for you.

I’ve been a big fan of his from the start and feel he contributed to a great game today. Both teams did go at it in a sporting way too though.

Absolutely. A Rolls Royce of a player.

He’s an animal of a player.

@Fat_Pox is to hurling here as to what @neilld is to association football

8 Likes

I had to behave myself today, couldn’t have you reporting that I was otherwise🤣

And by the way all your points are spot on some of them we discussed as the game progressed.

4 Likes

I’d say 90% of the @Limerix I talked to last night said they would rather lose to Cork today than to Klare in the final

2 Likes

I’d be a good judge. Met two IT colulnists in the palace. I’m sure I’ll be reading their sentiments during the week with my opinions echoing around.

5 Likes

The only thing about Limerick is that whilst they are hot favourites again next year, cark look solid and have depth and are very very fit. They will be hard to beat.
Also millhouse and whiney may step down.
Can’t see anyone else troubling the scorers for tree or four years. Then tipp and Clare will have a few through, and Galway may be starting to show.

For sure. Dublin have used it plenty in the football to bottle up forwards and turn them over

Is JP part of Limerick backroom? Why was he on the pitch today at the end shaking hands with Kiely and soaking up the clapping of homage by the crew before him?

Always a great read

Fair play to the Limericks who stayed around to applaud their mighty team off. I was watching the second half on my phone on the train (cc active travel/ pints threads) so missed the analysis

3 Likes

“analysis”

He most certainly is, would be a huge asset to any inter county set up

1 Like

Game recognises game

1 Like

Cathal O’Neill is another Rolls Royce of a player.

6 Likes

Did the child’s 28 hurley cost AG on that ground stroke lads? It must be fair hard with one, lookit I know it’s for touch and control but I was just thinkin there

1 Like

Good analysis there. Just picking up on 2 of your points which struck me watching the game on television. It’s always hard to get a real feel of it when you are not there, but Cork seemed to be directing nearly all their attacks down Byrnes flank and keeping it away from Hayes.

This Limerick team have never really targeted goals. An element in that of never having really needed goals. Today was a day where it felt from early on though that Limerick would need 1 and possibly 2 goals to win. Peter Casey was a huge loss in that regard too.

3 Likes

Joyce blocked his hurley, great bit of defending

5 Likes

Some man to take a score, they’ve to figur him out now as to where to play best.aybe on the wing?