2024 All Ireland Hurling Championship

Fact things get heated but that’s some thuggish behaviour from both parties

6 Likes

I heard a few people complaining today about bad behaviour at the match yesterday.To be fair my ones seen no bollixing where they were

1 Like

Yeah, was appalling. I had an 8 year old nephew with me who was rightly rattled by it. I asked the young kid of your man was he ok. He said he was.

Was afterwards it occurred to me he wasn’t rattled at all. Might suggest he wasn’t entirely unfamiliar encountering such situations. Sad

5 Likes

Like the Dow?

As someone who visits occasionally I notice a simmering anger in more and more people whatever the cause of it, tis one of the more notable changes over the past decade. The theory I was given was that it was coke that was causing it, but neither of the protagonists there would have that excuse surely.

2 Likes

All of a piece with the cultivation of anger online.

Loutish behaviour has crept into the gaa in recent years. Before you had fans of the game who followed their counties but now you’ve just fans of counties who don’t care one jot about the game.

I’d put a lot of it down the structures. Even if you can follow your own team it means you miss all the other games.

It attracts a different type of fan.

People are becoming more and more insular and tribal. Them vs. Us is only becoming stronger in every facet of life in the world. It was seeing lads in the jacks at PUC nearly coming to blows about a round robin game that took the cake for me.

4 Likes

Hayes will continue to get plenty of abuse and he’s earned it. But these snide comments about the horse racing have a nasty little edge that don’t reflect well on @peddlerscross at all.

I think hannon is actually being slightly hoist with his own petard. He wasnt his usual outstanding self because the cork forwards dragged the Limerick half back line all.over the place, and killed them with speed. That was a defining performance from the cork forwards. They still nearly lost. They didn’t deserve to, but they easily could have.
Hannon and byrnes were dragged all over croke park and targeted relentlessly and remorselessly by a brilliant game plan executed brilliantly. They were overloaded simply because cork played little to nothing anywhere near Kyle Hayes. I think that the excellence of cork tired them out enough that their traditional final quarter charge was just not there (it was exaggerated by the ludicrous call against cork for throwing, and by hoggy missing a simple tap in).
I thought they did as well as they could in the circumstances.
There was one quick pucout on the Sunday game in which you could see the three of them turned and out of position trying to sprint folornly back towards their own goal.
Cork, by their excellence, provoked a systems failure.
I thought hannon wasn’t bad in the circumstances. He can’t have been because despite all this, Limerick could have won.

2 Likes

They were definitely the most outside the box gaa team ever. Tattoos, long hair, mullets, pink baseball caps, Kyles, earrings etc. Hopefully the cork lads arent too I supposey possibly the city lads could be a bit of craic.

1 Like

It doesn’t reflect well on @Locke either.

I don’t see why Kyle has earned anything. Only his five all Ireland medals and six Munster medals of course.

A carnival of cunts.

Society is becoming divided

Is it just me or were the crowds more segregated back in the 90’s/00’s.

Like back in the Tipp v Clare rivalry - it was rare that you were ever sat beside a Clare fan.

Where as now going to matches - you could have as many opposition supporters around you as your own.

And I can see how this leads to trouble as having bandwagon idiots roaring and shouting during a match can be infuriating to listen to - where as you tend to ignore it a bit easier if they are your own fans.

I suppose its an effect of online sale of tickets.

I for one hate sitting beside opposition fans - its a pure lottery who you get sat beside.

5 Likes

All i said was it was a bit odd.

It gave Cork an extra spark they didnt need to have. Tipp lads got slated for being at the Galway Races in 2011 about 6 weeks out from an All Ireland Final. Kilkenny didnt like it.

1 Like

It’s hardly JBM with a crew cut in Croke Park in 1973.

That’s down to ticketmaster.

When you get tickets through the club you’ll always end up beside locals.

There was a big West Tipp contingent together at the Tipp v Waterford and Cork matches this year.

You’ve posted about repeatedly. No one else has. That’s what’s odd. It’s only a reflection on you.

1 Like

Were they? Fans always mixed at GAA matches. On the way in and out. It’s part of the fabric of it. It’s always been a point of pride of the GAA that the fans would mix.