2024 All Ireland Hurling Championship

He’d probably tell you himself it wasn’t his finest hour. Cork did a job on him yesterday, they’re obviously more tactically astute than they were getting credit for.

Takes a lot for a lad like you to get so animated. I won’t antagonise it anymore

Bad aul form ruined it for the kid ffs.

They’re all used by rugby supporters now.

The booing of diarmuid byrnes standing over his 65 was a disgrace by the cork fans as Well.

These guys are amateurs. Get behind your own team by all means but this booing and stuff is simply awful.

What makes children want to go to games above all is colour and noise, a slight feeling of danger even. The intoxicating atmosphere. Going to the terrace for young lads was all about a slight whiff of danger. I know other people tend to disagree on this but the klaxons or air horns were an integral part of the 1990s GAA boom. That deafening noise, it was intoxicating. Big flags, I mean the really big ones that used to get passed over the heads of crowds on terraces, again annoying to some but they created something, they created a feeling of bigness. I mean if saw the big Tipp flag with “Slievenamon Hill Ardfinnan” on it being passed around you knew you were looking at something that mattered to people.

That feeling of colour and noise and being part of a sheer mass of heaving humanity has steadily declined since the 1990s and it’s a bit of a vicious circle. The more the colour and noise declines, the less people want to go.

Mobile phones probably killed off flags more than anything. That and health and safety.

8 Likes

In 2018? Yeah all time top scorer at the time and great player but the best thing for the team to win the AI was for him to start on the bench

Decline in alcohol consumption a factor too perhaps

I’d agree there are some really exciting forwards coming along.

Problem is at the other end of the field. Kyle, Casey & Nash have loads left in the tank but the rest have Father Time nibbling at their heels. Pace gets you in the end regardless of stick work & physicality.

Cork seem to have lads at both ends of the pitch, Clare if they find a reliable CB look set for a few years too.

Hard to see WD, Tipp or Galway doing anything in the short term.

Id say that Limerick of all teams play/defend as a unit. He looked worse because that’s where cork chose to apply pressure, and they did so surgically. Sometimes it’s just the excellence of the opponent.

Galway will be a force enough to be in the mix in 4-5 years I think.

That’s true enough, when Limerick are in the lead Hannon can sit back towards the top of the D and drive out towards the ball. It was noticeable how uncomfortable the Limerick full-back line were defending with oceans of space in front of them. Cork were dictating the terms of engagement most of the way through.

2 Likes

For the Joe mcdonagh maybe

1 Like

Cos Limerick fans never booed anyone :joy:

You child

5 Likes

Seriously, this is why folk are delighted Limerick lost. Cunts like you.

5 Likes

Tipp fans used to bring a sweeping brush into the terrace and there were chants of ‘brush brush brush’

Pure stupid but great craic for teenagers etc

I suppose the format of the championship is part of the reason too - back then it was knockout or back door knockout - therefore the games were more of an occasion compared to now where there are so many games.

4 Likes

Listen you’ve been repeatedly saying nasty stuff for no apparent reason to me for the last few weeks for whatever reason but I’ve no interest in replying to you on any topic at all on any matter anymore.

I’d say a lot of people are happy enough Limerick lost because they won the last four.

Christ every county supporters seem to be booing freetakers at some stage. I’d be very slow to be calling Cork fan’s a disgrace considering what I’ve seen from Limerick fans over the years

It was a disgrace and needs to be called out.

Simple as that.

If you want to carry on like that head over to a soccer game or something.

Finn 28, Casey 28, English 28, Nash 27. That is not a bad profile by any means. Dan is 31 and I’d be happy he has a few years left. We’ve good options to freshen up the half backs immediately and we’ve two younger corner backs have seen a bit of gametime this year. The age profile is ticking up a bit and injuries can take a toll but most of these guys are still in their prime years. Writing players off at 28 is bonkers. Even 30 in my view. Many players maintain playing at a high level well into their 30s.