2024 All Ireland Hurling Championship

Ah gas! I remember him coming to college and he played bass in a band at the time. Had tapes from Screaming Trees and Afghan Whigs so I knew he was an alright sort! Had lost contact with those lads pretty much before college had even ended but that was my crew for the first two years. A lovely guy.

Would you be allowed punt on those Horsey carts races that Kyler trains for

2 Likes

No idea tbh.

I could be wrong but I think there is betting between the competitors but I’m not sure at all.

There is decent prize money for the ones up the north as far as I’m aware.

Paddy was a big unit as well. Did Paddy puck ball at senior level for the Barrs?

Over on the PROC, lads were giving out that Hayes should have been left with the footballer circa 18 months back and that he wasnt a hurler

I don’t want to wade in on this @BruidheanChaorthainn and don’t mean to be presumptuous, but when you say Hayes’ ‘heritage’, what are you implying?

1 Like

Hayes is a settled traveller is he?

2 Likes

I didn’t realise that at all.

1 Like

Just is connections with harness racing. It’s often presented with a very negative tone for whatever reason.

I never understood why. It’s huge in France.

Don’t have to go back many generations on most families where a horse and trap was the only mode of transport.

No he’s not.

My grandfather took spuds into Limerick to sell them using this mode of transport.

He still had a donkey when I was a young lad.

1 Like

Someone told me yesterday he was. It wouldn’t matter a fuck to me if he was or not so I’m not getting in some kind of dig or anything

2 Likes

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/gaa/hurling/hurling-news/cork-boss-pat-ryan-says-33197141

Has Ryan infant kids? Or is Pfizer very good that way??

A few people I know around Limerick’s only encounter with it was wrecking their car or thinking they were about to die because the ‘racers’ were coming against using the full width of the road. Typically don’t stick around to share their insurance info either.

3 Likes

Don’t worry there was no badness in your post I know that.

Some lads are obsessed about people’s families as we’ve seen on here tonight for whatever reason.

They have a dairy farm.

A noble form of transport in my eyes.

I could be wrong on the years but in the 30s Kyle’s grand uncle was a famous Limerick hurler on the mick mackey team.

There was a bad fire in Limerick city and he lost a lot of his best horses. I think he played a very bad game a few days later in a Munster
Final.

Others might no more but that’s the gist of it anyway.

Harness racing is not on public roads.

I wouldn’t hold it against formula one because somebody dangerously overtook me on a road but people are different. I’m a live and let
Live guy.

With the influx of supporters who might be on a bandwagon or involved in Gaa because of a child but have no real previous skin in game?

These types aren’t able for the cut & thrust of hanging around lunatic townies or mental cluchies who lose all reason once the ball is thrown in.

Those Mayo bastards are the worst type I’ve encountered.

And Vienna. There’s a fine track just up from the football stadium.

I remember seeing harness racing on Swedish TV years ago.

1 Like

Darragh Maloney and indeed Marty Morrissey seem obsessed with the Hoggie/TJ Reid scoring battle. It’s way OTT. A marker on the big screen yesterday to acknowledge Horgan hitting the 700 mark as if it wasn’t a completely random points tally to celebrate. Did they do the same for 600? The sheer volume of games in the modern era makes it a moot point really. Does anyone even know who the top scorer was before the Horgan/TJ battle? Joe Canning or Henry Shefflin? I mean Cillian O’ Connor is the football pacesetter and half the forum here wouldn’t even rate him.

7 Likes

It was absolutely bizarre that was put up on the big screen yesterday.

2 Likes