2024 All Ireland Hurling Championship

With drawn due to be dealt with above

Do Tipp not go to Rodys anymore?

There it is

In 2019 i think some went from the Burlington to Rodys after the banquet. Then Ryans and Coppers.

The Palace is Monday morning after the hospitals.

There was definitely a Monday morning done in Rodys in the 00s

The PJ O’Connell factor! Head for McGraths, fuck the suit.

Split second decision in fairness

Kiely is now on a career break working for the great man.

I’d suspect that Kinnerk will dictate how long Kiely stays for.

He is gone, a contract has been signed already.

He had a brother or other relative of about 16 sitting further down the stand who moved back to sit beside him

No it wasn’t - well into the 80s you could pay into either terrace. The father would drive up from Waterford every year, we’d meet the uncle on the Canal Bridge and we’d dander up on to one or other of the terraces. The father and the uncle preferred the Hill except when Dublin were playing. So we watched for example the 82 final on the Hill but the 1983 final on the Canal. We were still in the middle of a bunch of denim clad Dublin yahoos on the Canal mind. I don’t know when the last non all ticket final was, there was a discussion about that here before, I think it was the late 1980s, but after that tickets for both terraces went to both counties (except when Dublin were playing when they got all the Hill tickets).

1 Like

I think it’s simply a case that replica jerseys have replaced the flag and the cap as a means of showing your affiliation. Replica jerseys only became a thing from the mid 90s on.

1 Like

It’s getting tight now.

2 Likes

Well I only remember games from early 90s on and we had jersies - wish I still had the iconic shaws one - but there was flags everywhere. They lasted a good while after that. Maybe it was the Celtic tiger killed them off.

And if he’d been bottled up you and the other gobshite would have said he should have hit it first time :persevere:
He’s a lovely striker off the ground, made the correct decision, Nickie made a very good save

It strikes me that you want to see the negative in everything when it comes to certain players

Horgan has scored those ground strike ones before. He spent the match giving out about particular players, you could name them in advance.

1 Like

Kinnerk or Kiely? Jeez I hope it’s not Kinnerk

I had it different in my head. Certainly in a Year Til Sunday you can see that the Hill was almost exclusively Kildare fans and the Canal End was 90% Galway fans.

Just be happy Lehane wasn’t playing mate.

I used to bring a flag with me as a young lad. A bamboo pole and the nylon flag glued flimsily to it. Mainly to Cusack stand. You’d wave it during parade handy enough. If you waved it during the actual game you’d catch a few “put that fucking flag down so we can see” shouts and the aul lad would tell you to keep it down to fuck. I’d chance it then if there was a big score. If you won you’d hang the flag out the car window for drive home. A big flag on a windy day from front passenger seat could sweep across the windscreen so you’d need to be careful.

I think they started stopping lads with the bamboo poles in the 2010s maybe.

5 Likes