2024 All Ireland Hurling Championship

Taken from the echo …
" CORK’S path to the All-Ireland hurling final is now clear.

Unless Wexford or Laois beat Clare in the All-Ireland quarter-final, Cork will face Munster champions Limerick in the semis on July 8. "

1 Like

ALL-IRELAND SEMI-FINALS:

Leinster champions in action on Saturday, July 6; Munster champions in action on Sunday, July 7, both in Croke Park.

Provincial finalists can’t meet again in the last four, teams from the same province are kept apart where possible.

1 Like

I hear Cork have 62 in the backroom

They’ll need every one of them

Don’t be mean

1 Like

Fortunately Galway have loads of distractions, not just wan team of 25 shaved apes and 200 assorted s&c and legal panel members.

1 Like

Dem boys deserve lots of plaudits

Clare have been broken. Wexford will beat them.

Season 17 What GIF by America's Got Talent

2 Likes

Clare are a fine side.
I don’t think yesterday will hinder them too much.

Season 18 Omg GIF by America's Got Talent

1 Like

Jim Carrey Omg GIF

That’s exactly it - they are a fine side but no more than that. Not a team capable of winning an All-Ireland.

I think Clare will be back in the AIF this year. :grimacing:

One thing they’ve done, even this year after the opening round robin game implosion, was rebound strongly the next game. They’re made of the right stuff, yesterday will have brought Tony Kelly on & they’ll make a couple more positional/personnel adjustments that will make them stronger.

1 Like

Indeed. Galway have two teams of shaved apes.

3 Likes

That’s my take on it. Wexford are very good, excellent in patches, but I think Clare in any other era would win the all Ireland, an the game will actually bring them on.
It’s not like they are playing every week either (yet).
I would also observe that there simply aren’t enough knockout games in the current format. There should be an extra round of straight knockout for everyone.

We have a lot more than that. :slightly_smiling_face:

I hope Clare manage to regroup for Wexford, I’m already relishing the thought of Limerick v Cork in Croke Park.

Lim v Cork in Croker could be a game for the ages.

1 Like