2024 All Ireland Hurling Championship

It’s clearly an incredibly stupid fixture. But equally not the kind of thing tfkers would look at until it’s looming.

Galway Vs Dublin packed tullamore.
If Offaly were playing it’d sell out twice over.

At least it can be looked at for next year now.

It’s done.

The Gaelic Football Association.

Hurling never stood a chance.

Lessons need to be learned here.

It’s a 3 year commitment to the TC. Based on nothing.

Welcome to our world

You’d have to respect the hell outta Fearghal here

1 Like

Tomorrow is going to be box office for Feargal trying to hastily arrange these Football Preliminary Quarter Finals at 5 days notice too.

The likes of yourself, myself, @BruidheanChaorthainn and @Bandage have highlighted for a few years now the insanity of these Saturday lunchtime quarter finals to afford the Primetime 5pm television slot to South African Currie Cup rugby involving the Northern Transvaal Bulls, the Orange Free State Cheetahs and the like. This latest development takes it to a whole new level though.

2 Likes

He’s it all done already

I’m expecting at least one Breakfast Time throw in slot.

Cork mate.

1 Like

I think we all need to agree that rugby is the real enemy here

1 Like

Is next Sunday’s tv offering the Thandie Newton cup semi final double header?

Senior preliminary quarter finals on an app & the hurling quarter finals on Saturday morning?

Gearoid hegarty has a fine pair of Sam Maguires

1 Like

The GGA know their market

1 Like

Something like that. My still quite sprightly octogenarian Wexford mother had enquired of me last week about maybe bringing her along with the kids to the Wexford quarter final. Could certainly have done that on a Sunday.

Saturday I’m tied up with kids sports and swimming all day so it’s just a non-runner. I’ll have to content myself with the 5 minute highlights package of the quarter finals on the Sunday Game.

1 Like

Wexford trying to save the future of the game but shot down by split season zealots with their fixture excel sheet

In 10 years time we will look back on this decision as a pivotal moment in the associations history.

7 Likes

Poor Feragal’s hands are tied then by these headbangers.

2 Likes