2024 All Ireland Hurling Championship

There’s a lad on the Twitter after making claaanne shite of the GAA.

Apparently the master plan did not say Sat 22nd for the quarter finals. It was 22nd or 23rd.

Great GAA line

Thing is.

We’ll have an extra day of recovery before we take out Limerick.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t have gone to it whether it was on Saturday or Sunday, as I’d pencilled in Galway at home as my fixture to attend this year back at the turn of the year. But I feel a little bit sorry for volunteers & families who won’t be able to make it next Saturday due to the Féile clash. We’ll just have to fulfil the fixture now in a Munster venue with no support & probably with a Munster official too.

Unfair to change it now because of a rugby game and an underage tournament. McEntee spoke brilliantly on it, worth digging out

You’ve put it very succinctly there. It’s mind boggling. We’re not even talking a final here but a semi-final. No such game exists in the Joe Mc but Offaly v Kerry was the defacto semi-final this year. Possibly Carlow v Westmeath next year. Imagine that game ruling the roost over a Kerry v Galway quarter-final.

Is there another organisation that would say “well we made this decision months ago without any of the facts or context available to us now, so it would be foolish to change it.”

I feel a bit sorry for Clare as they will suffer the Wexford backlash.

5 Likes

Is there another organisation who would tear up their plan because a rugby team lost?

Talk is that it was two votes shy of passing - delighted to see the Clare delegate and Podge Collins vote to keep it as is. Karma for Wexford’s carry on and bare faced lies during Covid.

5 Likes

That would be tremendous fun. We’d need an early red card though to have a realistic chance. Gillane punching Simon Donohoe off the ball or something.

I think it’s high time Wexford beat us

They won’t have a better chance - 50/50 game

The all ireland final football final gets higher figures than irish shinty

Ah righty.

I don’t care about this decision at all. I just mean as a general posture it’s very funny.

A one time only thing in 2014.

It seems they didn’t. It’s not in the master fixtures plan.

Fergal/Feargal/Fearghal might be in confidential discussions with McBennett as I touch my phone screen. I’d say they might stick the rubby on the player (cc @Mac) & have the hurling at 5pm & 7pm on Saturday. Wexford in the second game so Féile folk may be able to attend. It would be an absolute disgrace expecting families to drive back to Wexford from Thurles at such a late hour.

I don’t either. I just like the self righteousness of it all.