2024 All Ireland Hurling Championship

Indeed. We forcibly made our point about the unfairness of it all. Now we just need to fulfil the fixture, exit in typically meek fashion & get on with our summer.

It’s funny because you mention our aerial strength in attack but we’re fairly weak under the high ball in defence. Liam Ryan would mask that to a certain extent but he can’t be everywhere & it’s really only O’Hanlon out of the likely 6 starters that would be considered strong in the air.

I struggle to see how:
S Reck O’Hanlon Donohoe
E Ryan D Reck C Foley

could hold Fitzgerald, Rodgers, Kelly, Duggan, O’Donnell plus AN Other. It’s not just aerial strength, some nice hurlers there but lacking power & physicality.

Even if Clare have taken a psychological blow after losing another Munster Final, they’ll soon realise they’re not being marked by Kyle Hayes or someone (unless they’re really stupid chaps).

We tend to set up at the back based on matchups rather than strict positions & we have lads that can hurl in either defensive line. But they’re 6 or 7/10 types in both lines rather than 8 or 9/10 types in one line.

So we probably will filter lads back to cover but then we won’t be able to get enough men around McDonald upfront. It is a bit of robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Overall, I’d prefer for us to have a cut & make it an open game. Don’t revert to very reactive, sweeper, Davy type stuff at the first knock out game. We can play D Reck as a sitting CB as usual & get workhorses in the middle third but we need to retain an attacking threat & have a cut too. Use the bench after 40, 50 minutes if lads have emptied the tank.

Wexford Wexford Wexford.

3 Likes

@Bandage Brilliant stuff :clap: :rofl:

Not bad but there is one obvious flaw. You have to mark Kyle Hayes, not the other way around.

1 Like

Decent seats after appearing for Saturday.

What a joke of an organisation the gaa are. I bought my tickets on Monday. Im in section 127. I plan to move when all the cork lads go home.

4 Likes

I have it on good authority that Wexford will have Robert Frost’s (Clare GAA) words hung on the dressing room wall. “The road not taken” would be very apt. For all the young lads who couldn’t travel up to Thurles because of his vote.

Is it really 45 euro in? :joy:

If you want the privilege of sitting down for 4+ hours, ya it’s €45 for seated tickets :nauseated_face::nauseated_face:

€35 for Terrace is steep too tbh

In fairness the pricing had gone out of control well before this

I get the impression attendance overall will be disappointing

Disappointing and disappointed.

Haha true

Could end up being a complete and utter damp squib of a day. Although I doubt anyone is expecting ‘epics’ as much as Marty Morrissey etc will try to portray them as

According to @Perez2017 cork will bring 30k on there own

1 Like

Clare and Wexford could sit off each other’s Puck Outs. – Flynners.com

That reads like a fairly incoherent bunch of words with clips interspersed.

But I’ve only read it once & very quickly.

For anyone involved in coaching teams, would this count as incisive puck out analysis?

1 Like

Most of the cork crowd will probably leave after their match and there will be swathes of empty seats scattered around for the main game.

They’ll be staying to shout for Wexford.

Sends them into KK.

Wexford need Dublin to win to get avoid PJ’s GOATs.

The bar isn’t too high for hurling analysis in the GAA in fairness.

1 Like

No. He covers all bases there, so no matter what happens he can give a ‘I mentioned that could happen alright’

The thing too about him saying that win% rate of your puckouts or Opposition Puckouts is BS too. He says what’s more important is what is generated from them.

Primary possession is the most important thing in the game. Having the ball as much as possible.

There are too many variables in each phase of play to put them down to one thing, but retaining your own puckouts (when long) and trying to steal opposition puckouts when they are long is massive. What comes next a lot of the time is a lottery then.

It reads like a junior cert project

Some balls from Pat Ryan to drop the MOM from last Saturday

1.Patrick Collins, Ballinhassig
2. Niall O’Leary, Castlelyons
3. Eoin Downey, Glen Rovers
4. Sean O Donoghue, Inniscarra (c)
5. Tim O Mahony, Newtownshandrum
6. Robert Downey, Glen Rovers
7. Mark Coleman, Blarney
8. Ciaran Joyce, Castlemartyr
9. Darragh Fitzgibbon, Charleville
10. Declan Dalton, Fr O’Neill’s