2024 All Ireland Hurling Championship

A very dangerous game for Cork on Saturday, and one that will tell an awful lot about where we’re at.

This team seem to require disrespect to give a performance, hence why many were particularly worried going down to Walsh Park. They looked far too casual for my liking last week.

Dublin just cannot be nearly as bad as what they were in the Leinster final. They steadily improved throughout the round robin. I don’t care how bad Galway were, winning a knockout game like that is not one for overlooking.

Despite what people think, Dublin’s system can really cause Cork issues IMO. Cork tend to struggle to impose themselves on the game against a team who tend to draw more forwards out the pitch.

I can see Dublin trying to bait Cork into using the short-puc out frequently. Looking at the touch and decision making in possession last week, we need an exponential improvement in our slickness in possession.

1 Like

Cork will be bate by the first decent team they meet. Don’t think Dublin are that team though.

Hopefully neither yerselves or Clare fuck it up, because we are going to bate the bollix off ye in the semi final

4 Likes

I think you’re giving Dublin way too much credit here. I’m travelling in the hope that Dublin will be somewhat competitive but I’ve a sinking feeling it could be like last year vs Clare.

1 Like

Don’t think they’d move him to left half back. Presume Eoin Ryan or Conor Foley will mark him.

Another thing they could have done (apologies if anyone has already made this point) is have a hurling quarter final on the Sat (Cork vs Dublin) in Croke Park, along with one of the Tailteann Cup games. And another double header on the Sunday. A bit of joint up thinking and everyone is happy.

2 Likes

But sure Fitzgerald is middle of the field san?

2 Likes

God no.

Netwatch Cullen Park would have more than sufficed for this.

I know you’re messing, but that’d be some sight.

Fitz does play at 10 but they’ve lacked a bit of spark at midfield without Taylor so he could play midfield tomorrow.
Yeah mcguckian could be there to do a spoiling job on diarmuid Ryan. Ryan is good for a point or 2 every game.

Cork will beat Dublin with their caps

1 Like

**[quote=“Batigol, post:1033, topic:38879, full:true”]
Cork will beat Dublin with their caps
[/quote]

They will, The Offaly game made sure that complacency will not be a factor

Viewer discretion will be advised.

“If you have been affected by this point-a-man beating, please dial 116 123”

1 Like

Assume it will be TK to midfield tomorrow with Reidy as a fourth half forward. Wouldn’t be surprised if Galvin or Shanagher start instead of McCarthy too - think we need something different inside. Rodgers playing off Shan or Galvin or playing off SOD.

Crotty and Rynne on the bench - both probably should have been there all year but we don’t see what is happening in training i suppose but they are the types hurlers we need coming on late in games at midfield and half forward rather than Mounsey, Donnellan and Morey.

Big performance needed, get the feeling Lohan and a few players will walk away if we were to lose tomorrow.

The Feile is on at the same fucking time in the afternoon.

For fuck sake.

1 Like

I’m sure most cork fans would prefer LK in a semi final than facing into them ina final

1 Like

A fella in our club has proposed 3 years in a row now that no child be allowed come to training at u6 or u7 without a parent…that the parent needs to be coached to play one on one with the child as well…grows number of potential coaches and gets them involved at home…he got no hearing to date but there might be something in it

2 Likes

The 5 in a row finals have taken on a life of their own though as Cyril Farrell would say. Just look at how the pressure influenced Kerry in 1982. Injuries and a Lar Corbett masterclass finished Kilkenny’s hopes.

1 Like

Kilkenny started 2 players who had crocked knees in that final.

Brian Cody was very considerate of player welfare; ahead of his time really

1 Like