2024 All Ireland Hurling Championship

https://twitter.com/johnfogartyirl/status/1800113226736386269?s=46

1 Like

Declan made some mess yesterday, the sweeping is needed.

Hannon has trolled the entire hurling world. Not just one of the finest centre-backs of all time.

8 Likes

Tipp will need to reign in plans to boost their management team for 2025.

How do you think he got to be el presidente?

County treasurers nationwide breathe a sigh of relief

You’re just sniping away all smug with a roof over your head.

They got to Ja

Did I mention the solar panels on said roof?

1 Like

I think you may have once.

Am I correct in saying if Wexford and Cork both make it through to semi finals, the semi final pairings will be Limerick v Wexford and Kilkenny v Cork.

Yes, that should be fairly obvious at this stage.

I just can’t decide now whether to get on board the train for wexico.

Will it get better?

I felt it was fairly obvious too. A few people said to me during the course of the day though that it was set in stone that winners of quarter finals involving beaten provincial finalists were to play the provincial winners from other province, even if neither beaten provincial finalist makes semi finals.

I felt that view was wrong as my understanding is repeat pairings from the provinces are avoided at semi final stage where possible.

Could it get worse?

I think it’s time to have a go

He was at the same craic when WOD bodied Cathal Rodgers out over the sideline. He couldn’t see how that was a free.

To be fair to Cummins, despite what Donal O’Grady would have you believe, the ‘spare arm tackle’ is not technically against the rules.

You can’t push, pull or hold a player and you can’t engage in “rough play” but if you put your arm out and don’t actually hold a player; it could be interpreted as fine unless it’s rough. The “rough play” rule could be interpreted any way to be honest.

1 Like

Even a few posts up there were people saying that it would stay with the pre-determined provincial finalists path. But just to be clear it would be Wexford v Limerick and Cork v Kilkenny?

It’s very likely that Cork advance but Wexford need to guard against complacency to ensure that they even qualify to meet Clare in the quarters. Laois are one of the few “minnows” who haven’t caught Wexford on the hop in recent years but they have beaten us in the minor grade a couple of times (2013 and 2022). I presume 1985 is the last time Laois ousted Wexford in senior championship?