2024 All Ireland Hurling Championship

Well harsh

https://twitter.com/CraicOfTheAsh/status/1804533882982637586

Sounds like something @cowpat might get up to.

Conor Foley should be a real contender for YHOY - but no doubt they’ll give it to a munster man.

1 Like

Himself & Cian Byrne probably are contenders right now but Hogan, Leen, CON & SOB potentially have two further games to stake their claim.

Very poor performance there. Lacking aggression and accuracy. Lads not following Dublin runners everywhere.

Joyce has to be in the halfback line in the semi final. A fine performance from him IMO, some good tackling. Downey and E Twomey both walk back into the team if they’re fit.

3 Likes

semi final attendance prediction

Limerick v Cork 80,201

Kilkenny v Clare 40,123

1 Like

Ah lads. That’s ridiculous.

Fathead is a massive cunt…

The Cork hype has gone a bit, it won’t make 80k. 72k I reckon

2 Likes

Ya I’d agree. The wind has been taken out of the cork sales since the Munster final.

1 Like

This is it. The GAA know exactly what they are getting with him and he consistently delivers it.

If there’s a chance to make a big call he will make it.

John keenan was on our game the other day. He seemed too sensible for the GAA to be fair. Ah look who’d be a ref but there just seems to be no common sense with Johnny, not even a drop.

1 Like

I’d be happy enough with Dublin today and indeed for the season. After the disaster of a leinster final there was always a danger of another hiding today. With 15 mins left we were 10 down and it looked ominous but we stuck at it well. We left a pile of scores behind us too and Cork were very jittery in the last few mins.

Considering the amount of players we were missing this year i wouldn’t say Donoghue will be too disappointed. With some or all of them due back along with some decent u20s on the way i think we will be a nice bit stronger next year.

7 Likes

An entirely disappointing day of hurling. The Dublin Cork game was just insipid and nothing going. Dublin wasted loads of really easy chances and Corkjust never finished them off. Dublin hung right in there and made it somewhat interesting towards the end, but it was poor quality.

The second game was worse. Wexford started poorly, never got going, and for whatever reason, thought Chin and Mac on the edge of the square would reap dividends. It didnt. And when it was abundantly clear with a man down it really wouldnt work, we still kept doing it. I dont recall any of our players winning a high ball from a pass or either keepers puck outs.

The sending off was ridiculous. More so the initial yellow. If you give that, you’ll have no one on the field. But Rory was stupid too on that he was on a yellow, he cant afford to do his usual rash challenge in his games. But there was zero need to call that first yellow, amd murphy could have used some bit of common sense on the second one to not give it and warn o connor.

Murphy was septic too. I havent seen a replay of the penalty, but my first instinct was that it wasnt a penalty, just a cynical foul but not hitting one of the conditions to award it. SOD ran about 20 steps with the ball, being fouled. But just play on sure and keep running. He gave some baffling frees both ways.

Ultimately tho, he did not cost us a win or anything like that. We were poor. We have 4 scoring forwards, and we need at least 3 of them at full tilt to have a chance. Mac was awful. He couldnt run. He coulsnt catch. He made a complete hames of a clear goal chance. Chin was bad too. Cian was mobile and dis what he could on limited ball, but the endless driving it high and long doesn’t help a corner forward who makes darting runs. And rory was going well until he was sent off. Our distribution was terrible. Just aimless silly stuff, and still persisted with it.

Anyway, a poor year all told. We beat Galway, and thats about all.

3 Likes

That’s what we have to put up with

Two poor games.
Wexford should have refused to play.
Senior B Football competition should have been told to fuck off but Wexford Co. Board have no stones.
Zero atmosphere in Thurles.
Limerick will beat Cork.
Hard to know if Clare will beat Kilkenny as they weren’t tested today.
Hurling is in trouble

2 Likes

It’s bullshit. They’re not worth a fuck.

Your man from Bruree is a much better ref

Yeah it was 0-12 to 1-9 when ROC was sent off. Such a lack of awareness by Johnny Murphy. There has to be some sense of leniency. Ruined what was starting to develop into a very good game. You can say O’ Connor should’ve been more careful but the first yellow was very harsh. If the same rules were implemented elsewhere then Murphy’s own county men would be operating with 13 men on the regular (and would probably still win). That sucked the life out of it but some of the distribution was really poor. Countless balls sailing aimlessly over Conor Mac’s head while the spritely Cian Byrne was under-utilised.

I was incensed over the red card but Conor Cleary walloping Lee Chin’s faceguard compounded matters. Chin penalised for fending off Conor Leen in the first-half too. I reckon we’d have only lost by 4 if it had been 15 v 15 for the duration and who knows what could’ve happened if Liam Ryan was available throughout. We’ve a terrible record in quarter-finals though. We haven’t won one since 2007 and by my reckoning have only won 3 since its inception. 2001 v Limerick, a narrow victory over Antrim in 2003 and the Tipp game in 2007.

Rory O’ Connors first yellow was like the short clip on MOTD where they show a yellow and you know what’s coming later in the game. I remember thinking that Johnny would have his card marked now and that he’d have to be very careful.

What position did Kelly play today?