2024 All Ireland Hurling Championship

Has anyone said it wasn’t a free? It was ROC thinking I’ll get away with a free belt here, there wasn’t even a hint of a legitimate tackle. The second was even more brainless.

1 Like

The second one is legitimately one of the most dangerous things you can do in hurling. Often a straight red in itself and rightfully so.

I don’t think O’Connor meant to do what he did, but at the same time it takes a fair amount of recklessness for and intercounty player to misjudge a block that badly. You almost never see it. A lot of stupid yellow cards thrown out these days but that was not one of them.

1 Like

Huge loss to Kerry might have got them over the line in the Joe Mac one of the years. Horrendous loss to his own club Abeeydorney who wouldn’t see many like him through their doors

He brings something different to Clare, he is awkard to handle as you say, Clare have enough light fast nice tippy tappy hurlers in the forwards, they need another brute to go with Duggan

Shanagher under utilised by Clare has always been my view

ah come on Binky

Dublin surely have the bar higher than what you have set

They were beaten out the gate in the Leinster final by Kilkenny on a scale that wouldnt have happened before Dublin won a Leinster title and a league title under Daly

Kerry\Carlow\Laois\Westmeath\Antrim \Offaly would have put up a better show in the Leinster final

There has a lot of money and work gone into Dublin hurling. Dublin were terrible in the Leinster final and on today if the level of basic errors , wides and criminal lack of supply to the full forward line is considered something to be happy about well then Dublin hurling supporters have no ambition

Dublin hurling people were very critical of Ger Cunningham , I am beginning to think maybe Ger was not the villan they made him out tobe

Also, who were Dublin short this year that would be an upgrade on what they had today?

I thought he might have gone back to Abbeydorney for a year - 50 years this year without a senior title and before that the previous one was in 1913 or thereabouts

They have had talent in recent years so he would have been a real boost. I am not sure if what is in Abbeydorney would equate to him though in how seriously he takes the game

I see Jack Goulding who was top scoring for London in the league and championship is making it his business to be around for Ballyduff this summer, he hasnt been for a few years, huge loss to Ballyduff and Kerry in that time. I believe his return is interim, just him and Ballyduff throwing everthing at it this summer

1 Like

Dublin were hammered by Kilkenny in Daly’s time on 3 or 4 occassions.

This year’s Leinster final was a terrible performance and hugely disappointing but you are judging Dublin’s year based soley on that performance. We were very good against Antrim, Galway and Kilkenny in the Round Robin and mediocre against Carlow and Wexford but managed to get results. Yesterday was a decent performance too. If our shooting was a bit better we could of got a result as Cork were really rattled in the last few minutes. Thats 4 decent performances in the championship along with 2 mediocre ones and an absolute shocker. We are not a top 5 team and I fully accept there is quite a way to go but I think we will get there.

Regarding players who were unavailable who would of been an improvement on some of what we have.

Rian Mcbride
Alex Considine
Andy Dunphy
Cian O Callaghan
Cian Boland
Cian O Sullivan
Davy Crowe
Aj Murphy
Kevin Burke

I believe most of these will be back next year. These along with some of our better u20s give me some cause for optimism.

1 Like

I don’t think O’Donoghue would have taken the job if he didn’t see something in them

He played the first couple of RR games as they did not clash with senior matches that weekend but was unavailable for the last couple of games. They were playing him at full back.

Thought he had a poor first five minutes when introduced but settled really well after that yesterday.

I really like the cut of Lohan’s jib on the sideline.

He’s like an old war veteran walking up and down. When he puts the hands on the knees and sort of bends down, you’d wonder if he’ll be able to get back up at all. Very like what Liam Sheedy used to do.

Stark contrast to Keith Rossiter with such a straight back and posture. He looks like he could be still playing.

4 Likes

Diabetes.

It’s 11 years later :smile::smile::smile:

I couldn’t understand the high ball they were hitting in. Ok, they think they can win high ball, but skied up into the air hit straight and dropping down into the square is a defenders ball all day. Loads of time Wexford lads hit that long high ball without looking. It needs a bit of zip and an angle on it to give the forward a chance. Madness at intercounty level.

I don’t why people are not happy with the 3pm throw in for the semi final.
If it was at 7pm, clare or South kilkenny supporters wouldn’t be home till near midnight.
3 is not perfect but it could be worse too.

Far better atmosphere at Saturday evening games.

1 Like

Traffic will be much worse and I’d imagine a lot of people have things on Saturday mornings which makes it very difficult to get into Dublin for 3 pm.

1 Like

You won’t hear Wexford whining about an All Ireland semi final at 3pm on a Saturday.

3 Likes

Sometimes things work out for the best.

Cork would have better losing in 2021 to kk instead of getting the mother and father of hidings off Limerick which set them back two years.

I’d say the same could be true of Wexford.

1 Like

They’ll hardly be 30k at the KK/Clare game whatever time its played.