2024 All Ireland Hurling Championship

I’ve been waiting for another crack off cork since. Can only imagine what the players are feeling. Motivation not needed

I think TOM is worse - way too loose for 5 and not a defensive bone in his body.

Eoin Downey hasn’t really been tested yet at this level and Rob’s legs can be targeted

If we get good ball in to Gillane he will beat SOD all ends up and that’s where the trouble will start for Cork.

Both Offaly and Dublin got off around 40 shots - alarm bells regardless of bugs

Here comes Mr. Brightside.

As an aside. I still stand by that. Cork are blessed with skill and pace. They would be dynamite playing Davyball.

1 Like

Cork need this All-Ireland.

And they never feared Limerick

Regarding our game, everyone is getting caught up with 3/4 matchups. I think there are others too watch:
TJ Reid v Cleary?
Keoghan v Leen
Blanchfield v Duggan
Fitzgerald v Reid?
Rogers v Carey?

For me, @Big_Dan_Campbell has summed up thr feelings.

If I was to give anything as an aside assuming weather is promised breezy and showery Saturday, freetaking and striking in addition to mistakes will play a massive massive part.

I felt we had too many passengers and too many wides in 2022 and the goal before half time wrapped up a game that was gone from us. We still succeeded in making it worse with a host more misses.

Last year, and I wouldnt dismiss this would happen Saturday in certain conditions, we sought to keep it tight and Morey didnt perform. When we opened the shoulders for the period we did we were excellent with scores from all over but again we looked tired and deflated even after SODs goal - Quilligan/Hayes’s 1-1 fuck up cost us dearly as did one or two simple misses (Rogers goal chance, Rogers free, Ryan wide).

You couldnt be very confident we will perform so you couldnt be confident we will win. People would want to check the talk on the Wexford performance - we gave away 1-4 from absolute fuck acting in that fixture before ROC was harsly sent off. Kilkenny will bring some performance - they rarely lose semi finals. Clare are better than much of what theyve shown in almost every game this year I feel.

The makings of this game and the potential for a shock is Clare bringing a 9-10 out of 10 performance that includes zero soft goals or scoring exchanges at the back, good ball into our forwards / puckouts and most of all a storm of workrate all over. No easy feat on a team carrying a few bodies.

My biggest hope is that our other forwards can give the performance of their year. If they can all tear into this one that’ll make it a big challenge for KK and might get us over the line.

3 Likes

I don’t just want to win on Sunday I want to set cork hurling back another five years

As I said, Twomey out is a big blow, Coleman is a liability and Joyce didn’t look comfortable at midfield against Offaly at all.

Cork wont line out like that. Joyce will be centre back with Downey on the wing. Id imagine Coleman will play as a sweeper in front of Gillane

When have we used a sweeper so far this year?

Maybe Coleman to midfield and Joyce in the hb line…or they’ll line up as is.

If we do that we’re dead. You can’t pussyfoot with any sweeper against Limerick. They’re too slick in possession to work the extra numbers further back the pitch.

You just have to push up and hope that Cork can win enough of the breaks to compete well.

3 Likes

I can see your point but we are conceeding way too much. I dont see point of Coleman playing unless it’s to play as sweeper.

Limerick won’t play with 3 inside so cork will have a spare man anyway

Agreed, it’s a deathwish and completely unlike Pat Ryan.

So you reckon Cork will play with two lads free inside, MC as sweeper and the spare inside back?

Na prob just double team gillane

1 Like

My guess is NOL will press out on Reidy/CON as he did in PUC. Cork will not have any spare man at the back for the majority of play

3 Likes

I like how fenwaypark likes this even though this wasn’t what he fucking argued in the first place. :rofl:

Cork will sit Joyce in front of their defence to screen. Downey back 10-15 yards for puckouts, etc.

They wont play sweeper.

But im not sure that will work

When has a sweeper ever worked against this Limerick team?