2025 Irish Presidential Election

I confidently predict that this will be a circus on the scale of nothing we have ever seen before in Ireland.

Potential runners:
Bertie Ahern (Fianna Fail)
Enda Kenny (Fine Gael)
Gerry Adams (Sinn Fein)
Joseph Brolly (possibly Sinn Fein, possibly Labour, possibly independent)
Conor McGregor (International Fascist and INTERNET Shitposter Axis)
Ryan Tubridy (US Democratic Party)
A token liberal centrist woman who is involved with a charity
Sharon Keogan (to act as a female booster for McGregor)

This circus is going to happen and you all know it. The only people that can save us are the councils and the Oireachtas and they won’t save us.

Persuade me otherwise.

1 Like

Arise Enda

Mcgregor running would be box office but he wont, its all show.

On the plus of he does, he’ll get rightly humbled

Enda wouldn’t be the worst. I hate FG, hated his policies but he always came across as a decent human. For a ceremonial position like president i think he would be a good candidate

2 Likes

I see mary robinson was sent home with her tae in a mug, from the big Cop junket…numerous people could fill this tole in the future

Laois nominated Gemma last time out.

Come to Jesus Conor.

Cllrs Caroline Dwane Stanley, Ben Brennan, Aidan Mullins and Paschal McEvoy voted for Ms O’Doherty.

Taking to her Facebook page, Gemma said: “I am really grateful to Cllr Ben Brennan for all of the work he has put into this.

“And to Sinn Fein’s Aidan Mullins for his backing.

I hope all the above named die screaming.

Could we do the country a bit of justice and put Blindboy in charge of our official greeting positions?

A list of Oireachtas members who would either definitely or possibly nominate Muscle-ini:

Violet Anne Wynne
Michael McNamara
Michael Collins
Noel Grealish
Danny Healy Rae
Michael Healy Rae
Carol Nolan
Richard O’Donoghue
Peter Fitzpatrick
Peadar Toibin
Michael Fitzmaurice
Marian Harkin
Marc MacSharry (is he stepping down as a TD at the next election?)
Mattie McGrath
Verona Murphy
Gerard Craughwell
Sharon Keogan
Ronan Mullen

You need 20 members of the Oireachtas. I’m not sure if Cokechullain has enough at the moment but that may well change after the next General Election when there will be 14 extra TDs.

I’d say the days of running a FG/FF politician are gone. Not worth the fall out.

Bring back Bertie

we need a proessional trough snouter, who has spent decades at the trough

Brolly would make a great president

I’d love to see him in the slouched sitting position amongst the stiff world leaders.

Potential candidate pondering a run.

Getting a feel off Ursula von der Leyen…

1 Like

Might come an election too early for John Kiely

I read that as erection initially

Michael D shooting his mouth off fairly regularly has set a dangerous precedent and made the choice of President even more worrying considering the list of names @Cheasty has listed.

If some of the headbangers listed get in - expect to see the same high-profile voices who absolutely backed Michael D’s “right” to speak on political/government matters because it aligned with their views scream blue murder when someone they’re less fond off comes along and does the same thing,

10 Likes

expect similar cries of anguish from them when the hate speech bill goes through and down the line its used against them and their ilk

1 Like

If Michael D. Higgins had remained entirely silent it wouldn’t in any way affect the willingness of Conor McGregor or whatever far right populist gobshite to make a fool of Ireland on the international stage.

These people shout at the tops of their voices anyway. What anybody else says or does not say never affects that.