A new low for Israel. How low can they go?

RAZ SEGAL: Thank you for having me.

I think that, indeed, what weā€™re seeing now in Gaza is a case of genocide. We have to understand that the U.N. Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide from 1948 requires that we see special intent for genocide to happen. And to quote the convention, intent to destroy a group is defined as racial, ethnic, religious or national as such that is collectively, not just individuals. And this intent, as we just heard, is on full display by Israeli politicians and army officers since 7th of October. We heard Israelā€™s president. Itā€™s well-known what the Defense Minister Yoav Gallant said on 9th of October declaring a complete siege on Gaza, cutting off water, food, fuel, stating that ā€œWeā€™re fighting human animals,ā€ and we will react ā€œaccordingly.ā€ He also said that ā€œWe will eliminate everything.ā€ We know that Israeli army spokesperson Daniel Hagari, for example, acknowledged wanton destruction and said explicitly, ā€œThe emphasis on damage and not on accuracy.ā€ So weā€™re seeing the special intent on full display. And really, I have to say, if this is not special intent to commit genocide, I really donā€™t know what is.

So, when we look at the actions taken, the dropping of thousands and thousands of bombs in a couple of days, including phosphorus bombs, as we heard, on one of the most densely populated areas around the world, together with these proclamations of intent, this indeed constitutes genocidal killing, which is the first act, according to the convention, of genocide. And Israel, I must say, is also perpetrating act number two and three ā€” that is, causing serious bodily or mental harm, and creating condition designed to bring about the destruction of the group by cutting off water, food, supply of energy, bombing hospitals, ordering the fast evictions of hospitals, which the World Health Organization has declared to be, quote, ā€œa death sentence.ā€ So, weā€™re seeing the combination of genocidal acts with special intent. This is indeed a textbook case of genocide.

cant be great quality

There are roughly 20 to 25 hot spots in the world where civil war, armed conflict or some other issue is causing/ has caused humanitarian disasters. Oil/ gas reserves has and will be a major factor behind conflict. More and more access to precious metals used in chip production are causing flash points.

Indeed, Xā€™s New Elites are all verified users, and several have a reputation for posting misinformation, including @sentdefender, @spectatorindex, and @WarMonitors. According to the report, the New Elites tweet in a style that erases context, spreads disturbing imagery, and adds to the emotionally charged nature of discussions surrounding the situation in Gaza.

2 Likes

Surely this is some sort of positive in the short term.

Yes. Great to see the jews and germans on speaking termsā€¦after everything that happened

Youā€™d have to give a small appreciative nod of the head when this one gets her due. Sooner than later hopefully.

1 Like

Well not saying what she said was correct but i for one have been calling for better accountability for what our tax money is being used for. NGOs and foreign aid dont appear to have any scrutiny, a good chunk of it does go to Palestine or groups claiming to be working to support the people of Palestine, it wouldnt surprise me if someone was doing something shady after the goverment sends the money. I wouldnt be going as far as ireland is directly supporting this as the would be ridiculous, no way would anyone allow that to happen on our side but how do we know where the money goes after it leaves the irish bank account.

1 Like

Talking through your hole.

1 Like

ā€œConcernedā€ at the prospect of not invading. FFS sake.

The army is concerned that further hostage releases by Hamas could lead the political leadership to delay a ground incursion or even halt it midway. On Friday night, Hamas released an American mother and daughter. According to some reports, this contributed to a postponement of the ground offensive, in light of hopes that more could be freed.

Armyā€™s gonna Army.

If you think RTE audit ā€¦

1 Like

Classic ā€œIā€™m just asking questions hereā€. We may need a thread soon.

She got pattied

5 Likes

Sheā€™ll get a nice payout after she takes them to the WRC.

1 Like

She hasnā€™t a kibbutz to stand on, any half savvy company will have it written into the contract not to express political views

I wouldnā€™t be surprised if they pull out of Ireland altogether after she cleans them out.

And rightly so.

Mightnā€™t even get there. Prob settled well before. Prob about a years salary or so payout?

Iā€™d say given the size of the company etc and reaction within from other employees (presumably Israeli) theyā€™ll pay that happy enough

They might. She might want the WRC hearing
and public reporting on it though.