A new low for Israel. How low can they go?

Heā€™s a creep, heā€™s a weirdo, what the hell is he doing there, he felt he belonged there.

3 Likes

Major Hezzbollah attack on a base in Northern Israel, over 20 killed. No air defences activated, another embarrassing failure for the much vaunted Israeli defence systems. Expect massive retaliatory attacks.

These attacks seem to always suit with reprisals at a time with increasing external pressures on Benjy & Co.

1 Like

Full scale global conflict on the way

1 Like

Before the INTERNET youā€™d not even have known about the latest attack.

The 24 hour news cycle is playing havoc with your adrenal system.

1 Like

Do you remember watching the Gulf war live on television

I only get news on here now

1 Like

There was little talk of Iraqi casualties.

Leeds beat Aston Villa 4-1 in the Rumbelows Cup quarter-final.

Lee Chapman had an eventful Gulf War. He unleashed shock and awe on Dr. Jo, then fell face first onto the cinder track at White Hart Lane before re-appearing in horribly disfigured form for the first leg of the Rumbelows Cup semi-final at Old Trafford. He was the Gulf Warā€™s Simon Weston, except he eventually fully recovered his handsome facial features.

1 Like

I had BBC 5 live on when word broke. Woke the auld lad and brother up and down we went to watch scenes unfold. Was about 2am iirc.

Yes, everyone will start attacking every else just for the go heck of it.

Leeds and United played each other 3 times in a row around then didnā€™t they ?

Whatā€™s the problem? I bet you have some stuff in the house that is made in China or the USA or the UK? Have you thrown it out or boycotted tv shows etc from the UK or USA?

They played each other in the two leg Rumbelows Cup semi-final anyway.

I recall them playing each other three times in quick succession in the League, Rumbelows Cup and FA Cup over Christmas and New Year in 91/92.

Leeds played Arsenal four times in the FA Cup Fourth Round during the Gulf War.

If you canā€™t immediately see the issue with going to Israel and playing a concert there a few days ago then thereā€™s probably not much I can do to explain it to you.

do you know who he was playing with?

To be fair there is a bit of a double standard in that I donā€™t remember many people boycotting the US in a trade, cultural or academic sense during the Iraq War or the Vietnam War, or calling for such a boycott.

I donā€™t think the Iraq War is a direct comparison with what Israel is perpetrating, but if the US was directly doing what Israel is currently doing or what Russia is doing I donā€™t think you would see such calls for a boycott.

The USā€™s power and influence is too great, and such calls, while morally consistent, would be considered ridiculous on a practical level.

The reality is we boycott who can afford to boycott. We could afford to boycott Russia and apartheid South Africa and the same will be true of China too though it will be much harder.

That isnā€™t to point fingers at anybody, because a worldwide morally and practically coherent and consistent policy on boycotts is completely impossible, itā€™s just pointing out reality.

We can afford to culturally and perhaps economically boycott Israel too because we donā€™t really have that much interaction with them, but their influence throughout the wider west prevents a wider boycott gaining traction.

Itā€™s in the article.

Itā€™s all bollox. Half the shite in our phones or computers is probably made in Israel. The yanks and the brits sell them weapons . Letā€™s boycott them . No. Oh waitā€¦

OK but if you say ā€œitā€™s all bolloxā€ that is to say that nobody should ever try to mount non-violent resistance of any manner against anybody doing awful things, ever.