A thread to post controversial opinions

I tell it so well.

no Sidney, the health dangers from feces consumption are well documented but i fear a different form of ending for both of these posters and dear friends.

with @thedancingbaby i see this as karma pure and simple. he has lived a life based on a lust to climb the social ladder as quickly as possible, he has burnt many many friends on the way when they didnt suit his latest agenda or his attempts to ingratiate himself with a new social set. he was and is hated in portmarnock and even malahide will soon wake up to his selfish, devious ways. his recent behavior in blanking a social engagement with close friends in favor of a birthday party for a more illustrious outsider just confirmed to all who know him that he is a cunt of the highest order. if there is any justice in the world life will catch up with this snake and the extent of his duplictiy should mean he will be taken from this world around the time of the next World Cup. i shall miss him dearly.

with @Ebeneezer Goode[/USER] i fear an altogether different ending, im sad to say. he has always been a volatile, somewhat combustible character. he needs to let off steam or vent now and again. when this happens after prolonged periods of living a quiet, laid back lifestyle, it usually results in a bout of mini madness. the more frequently he lets off steam the less extreme his mini howl at the moon outbursts are, however the converse is also true. for the last 18 months or so he has been living a lifestyle that does not suit his temperament. i can see in his eyes the madness slowing creeping. his new family situation mean that he is now condemned to an even more sedentary lifestyle and the valve will surely burst and when it does God help us all. it is not a question of when [USER=1785]@Ebeneezer Goode boils over and explodes but of how many he takes with him. that is why i unfortunately have to say he will not be off this world by the next winter olympics.

It’s at times like this i wonder was i right at all in saving you and ebeneezer’s lives in a blaze in raheny some years back.

If Dempsey is “it”, then I don’t want to.

This is close to a banning offence.

A lot of negative vibes and thoughts about Damien Dempsey being expressed here. Hope he doesn’t let that type of thing get to him.

He is in the same level as Jimmy Crowley or the likes here in Cork, he simply can appeal to a larger audience in Dublin who will have an emotional connection to some of the subjects he writes on.

However it’s mostly of a very average standard at best, pure rubbish at worst.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 1059765, member: 273”]He is in the same level as Jimmy Crowley or the likes here in Cork, he simply can appeal to a larger audience in Dublin who will have an emotional connection to some of the subjects he writes on.

However it’s mostly of a very average standard at best, pure rubbish at worst.[/QUOTE]
Music is subjective of course, Kev but you don’t have to be from Dublin or live there to appreciate Damien Dempsey. My own opinion is the man is a bit of a genius and I defy anyone to see him live and not coming away thinking that he is extremely talented.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UIzkN64NGg

[QUOTE=“Horsebox, post: 1059773, member: 1537”]Music is subjective of course, Kev but you don’t have to be from Dublin or live there to appreciate Damien Dempsey. My own opinion is the man is a bit of a genius and I defy anyone to see him live and not coming away thinking that he is extremely talented.

[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=“Horsebox, post: 1059773, member: 1537”]Music is subjective of course, Kev but you don’t have to be from Dublin or live there to appreciate Damien Dempsey. My own opinion is the man is a bit of a genius and I defy anyone to see him live and not coming away thinking that he is extremely talented.

[/QUOTE]
Get fucked.

[/QUOTE]
Hes a poor mans christy moore,there i said it

Don’t be like that, bud.

He doesn’t touch a Declan O’rourke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLotIU2uM0I

You bring it out in me you bastard.

Truce for the new year, pal?

I’m game if you are.

Then we have a deal. This is going to be great!

+1

It’s gonna be a great Christmas.

[/QUOTE]
Music is subjective, but it’s really about the quality of the song writing.

I look at it like this, music tells you about where a person comes from and they say if you way to learn about a culture, listen to their song. DD is telling stories but they are not captivating. Not that it matters to him, but what are the chances of an outsider being mesmerized by his music and words? Very little chance IMO. Where as U2, the stone roses, Wu Tang and many others drag you into their world. I don’t think he does that for many non-dubs.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 1059832, member: 273”]Music is subjective, but it’s really about the quality of the song writing.

I look at it like this, music tells you about where a person comes from and they say if you way to learn about a culture, listen to their song. DD is telling stories but they are not captivating. Not that it matters to him, but what are the chances of an outsider being mesmerized by his music and words? Very little chance IMO. Where as U2, the stone roses, Wu Tang and many others drag you into their world. I don’t think he does that for many non-dubs.[/QUOTE]
Hes grand kev but jackeens think any lad thats big in dublin should be massive everywhere