A thread to post stories or things that you believe never happened

Blue sky weather is never bad weather.

2 Likes

What mainiacs are saying they like -1c?

Ive been complaining non stop about it but then watched a documentary about Thor doing an artic swim and that these extreme temps are actually good for your system so Iā€™ve tried to dial down the moaning. However these are certainly not pleasant conditions. Havrnt heard anyone say they like them.

Aah itā€™s grand, you can get out in it anyway, I went for a 2 hour walk today with a dog, but like, itā€™s fuckin freezing, your toes would be fucked

I work out in it. In the words of the great Billy Connolly, ā€œthereā€™s no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong clothesā€.

2 Likes

it must be a couple degrees midler here on the harbour because itā€™s grand

When its ā€œcoldā€ in ireland, near freezing but very damp feels a lot colder than a dry cold of -10 in the alps, Scandinavia etc.

Its like the difference between hot and humid in flordia vs hot and dry in las vegas.

I stsnd over id take -10 dry blue skys any day over an irish -1 with fog.

3 Likes

Nice weather is warm weather

I donā€™t mind the cold but itā€™s not nice

Itā€™s grand out. Fresh.

Get out and enjoy it. Going out and feeling the burn of your lungs in freezing weather while jogging. Great to be slive.

Wrap up and enjoy

Sure Iā€™m out in it most of the day

Look, itā€™s grand, but itā€™s not nice, some people (real world and online) pretending that itā€™s great, itā€™s not

As far as winter weather goes Iā€™d prefer cold but dry to wet weather.

Snow is grand for a day and to watch from indoors as it falls and then a pain in the arse if you need to get any place.

2 Likes

Cheers mate

Good to know

It is great. Throw on a jacket and a hat and youā€™re sorted. Itā€™s better than the pissings of rain.

Saturday and Sunday were glorious, there wasnā€™t even a wind to chill you

1 Like

I suppose thatā€™s the reason behind it, of course itā€™s better than the pissing rain,
So itā€™s grand, itā€™s tolerable weather, but I donā€™t know anyone whoā€™d prefer to be cold than warm, thereā€™s actually people saying they like this weather

I like it. I love bringing the dog out on a crisp morning. If herself comes with me Iā€™ll even go in for a dip. Its absolutely glorious. Its the wind that gets you. The last two mornings were the nicest mornings in months

4 Likes

Nothing quite like a crisp morning and seeing your breath on the air. Beautiful.

2 Likes

I love the smell of napalm in the morningā€¦

9 Likes

As my granny would have said ā€œthereā€™s an awful want in that oneā€

6 Likes
4 Likes