A United Ireland

Hahaha haha you are rattled to fuck.

Correct, if you disagreed with that abstentionism you shouldn’t have voted for them.

No, I said that you shouldn’t suddenly change your mind and decide that suddenly it mattered and that you wouldn’t vote for them now.

I got some good advice above, you’re going to drag me to your level and beat me with experience.

The level of stupid on here is unreal… Theres a party in the north that the nationalist community could vote for who would take their seats in westminster - they are called thr SDLP… And nationalists have abandoned them in their droves for an abstentionist party.

Its gas how southerns feel SF should sit in a foreign parliament yet wouldnt urge establishment parties here to run in the north, which is on their own island…

More SF bashing is all this lark is…

3 Likes

Why do SF run in the elections in a foreign country if they aren’t going to sit in a foreign parliament?

They act as intermediaries on behalf of their community, and engage with official bodies for them.

And they run in NI…on the island of Ireland.

1 Like

All of this reemphasises my point from last night for the need for an all Ireland centrist party to represent people across the spectrum who want to move forward. Parties who are tied to the past like the DUP especially and SF to a lesser extent simply cannot make this transition, and are carrying far too much historical baggage.

Ireland is partitioned mate, they run in both partitioned states

1 Like

They also run in the UK, a foreign country. Why?

FF have decided not to give that to the public. Basically they would rather play it safe and get their pensions than show any real vision or leadership. If FF put candidates up north I think they would be bigger than SF because their brand is very strong up north but they’d rather just snipe on the sidelines.

Are they not supposed to be merging with the SDLP?

Can’t agree there. Most nationalists I know would shoot a FF politician before they would vote for them.

They’ve been talking about that basically all my life, it’s a load of shite I think.

That’s been answered.

Is this your answer?

That’s SF’s awnser…

Why are they engaging with official bodies in a foreign country?

FF and FG avoid these difficult questions by just refusing to run candidates in 20% of the island.

Why are you deflecting to FF and FG instead of responding? FF and FG are representing the people of Northern Ireland a lot more than SF are at the moment

Are you aware that 6 counties in the north of Ireland are administrated by Britain? SF, while looking to politically break this connection, act on behalf of tbeir community when dealing with official state bodies… They dont see the 6 counties as a foreign country, they see it as part of Ireland and are working to unify it with the rest of the island. They are the only all Ireland party that do so. I hope this 6th class grasp of the situation didnt go over your head.

1 Like

I thought it was a foreign country? Is it a foreign country or not?

So they’re dealing with British official state bodies because those bodies are responsible for the people in the country in which they are running people in elections, yes? So what is the difference between recognising these state bodies and recognising and sitting in the British parliament?

If they see it as a foreign country why are they dealing with official state bodies of the foreign country?

Surely if they see it as a foreign country they should have nothing to do with it? They seem to pick and choose when its a foreign country. They deal with official state bodies on behalf of their voters but won’t sit in the parliament.