A United Ireland

Fair play to the lad. Not only did he make it easy for you to understand, he also made it easy for you to pick up, separate and rebox the tic tacs.
And you standing there with your mouth hanging open.

1 Like

Are you a nationalist now that youā€™ve been fucked out of the little englander club?

Could have been a gamechanger for the North economically if they had any politicians with some vision.

1 Like

And thatā€™s just @glenshane on his own

The DUP will have those Westminster seats for as long as the seats still exist - their vote is immovable

But I wonder will there be a pushback against SF in the next Westminster election, at least in safe green seats

Probably not in a major way, but there does seem to be a lot of disquiet in the CNR community about SFā€™s inaction over Brexit, and that they have no Westminster representation as all this is going on

I wonder will Durkan take back the seat in Foyle

SF need to get finger out of hole and go to Westminster and start annoying the posh fuckers over there

Who didnā€™t?

Isnā€™t the strategy of those Shinner morons a hard brexit? those simpletons thinks they will have a vote on a UI in 2 or 3 years and wake up in the morning with a magical happy UI

1 Like

First time I agree with you 100%. We already had a 30 year civil war and there was no appetite for it for at least the last decade.

There is fuck all difference today between most young people of both traditions in Northern Ireland, they have zero interest in going back to the past.

Most people in Yugoslavia

There were always some tensions but people of different ethnic backgrounds generally lived happily among each each other in the same towns and villages, the same as happens in most of the north

The whole thing started from a very small beginning with Milosevic rabble rousing with a local Serb minority leader in Kosovo in 1987 and mushroomed gradually from there into a sort of Greater Serbia movement

Within a few years people who had been neighbours and friends had become bloodthirsty savages because of what had been whipped up

The Death Of Yugoslavia is a great documentary series

2 Likes

Northern Ireland Past Present and future is the pod guys

2 Likes

Some scum in Derry do, and Jamie Bryson

1 Like

Nobody under the age of 25 now has any memory of the Troubles

The two communities still live largely separate lives, even if they currently co-exist peacefully

Itā€™s grand to say that that people have no interest in fighting, as long as the status quo or something close to it continues

If and when thereā€™s a material change in circumstances, ie. a hard border or a chaotic Brexit, or a real possibility of a united Ireland, and people start to feel that their very identity is under threat, that could easily change

Complacency is the enemy of future peace and the further away from the Troubles we get, the complacency grows

We currently stand in cusp of a real material change in circumstances

There are scum everywhere, most people arenā€™t though.

1 Like

My God. Thereā€™s lads on here who know less about the north than Karen Brady, at least she didnā€™t pretend to know.

No offence sid but Iā€™ll be paying taxes which will support you. Youā€™re welcome, but you could at least learn some manners

If you knew much about the north youā€™d know that the recently departed NI Secretary of Stateā€™s name is Karen Bradley, not Karen Brady

2 Likes

Wow. Good for you

Identity politics is the single greatest threat to peaceful coexistence. Far too many politicians take advantage of differences between people and exploit them. Thatā€™s why broad based centrist policies are the only ones that can work.

Hopefully an all Ireland centrist party can emerge and gain widespread support, and drive the DUP and other remnants of sectarian politics to extinction.

1 Like

I thought it was interesting that you tried to make a point which held you up as a font of knowledge about the north and yet you couldnā€™t even get the basic point you were tring to make correct

Oh the irony,

If in the unlikely event I want a font of lack of knowledge in future Iā€™ll be sure to refer to you