Abortion Referendum Thread

I heard that there was only 17 no votes in the Batt family ballot box, heā€™ll be up to 90 rooting out the traitor to disown. :grinning:

You are acting the cunt here. This is not a gloating issue, this is unrestricted abortion for anyone who wants it which some people find difficult to digest.
I suggest you grow up and leave the triumphalism to the trolls.

2 Likes

Fuck off for yourself, pal.

3 Likes

This is a very important point ( I voted no btw) but I guarantee you there will be a legal challenge in the not too distant future by someone on this matter

Unbelievable performance from the Yes voters to turn out in such numbers and completely take any drama out of the count - thus clearing the way for full concentration on tonightā€™s main event.

Agreed. The Yes campaign didnā€™t have to try a yard, no funny business required.

The NO Campaign self aborted.

In Roche v Roche (2009) the Supreme Court ruled that a man could not be forced to procreate against his will.

The case related to frozen embryos which were the product of the couple - I think the couple had since split up and the woman wanted to implant one of the embryos.

The ruling also stated that frozen embryos do not have a right to life.

3 Likes

You got it wrong yet again. You are painfully out of touch with modern Ireland.

The No campaign are big on the red pill but they canā€™t stand abortion pills.

This must be a bitter pill for them.

I accept democracy.

1 Like

Fair point I had forgotten about that case. But will the same apply going forward? Assuming the legislation proposed is passed where will that leave the father of the child ( particularly after the first 12 weeks has passed) legally in terms of future maintenance costs?

Why would things change Mike? The constitution changing means that the woman has rights over her pregnancy. It has nothing at all to do with men shirking responsibilities of children. This too is another hypothetical query being brought up to conflate things when in other countries where abortion has already been in place, it has never been an issue. Why suddenly would it be an issue in Ireland?

1 Like

My take would be that it can and will only apply to such cases involving embryos, and anything else would be preposterous.

In a normal pregnancy, the manā€™s part in procreation is done once the deed is done, as it were.

He does not have any right to end the pregnancy against the wish of the woman carrying it, and nor should he.

Human biology is unfair like that.

Iā€™ll tell you what conflated things.

Medical negligence being used by the Yes side to support the termination of lives of healthy babies from healthy mothers.

1 Like

Fuck off cunt.

Downs Syndrome is seen as a disease to be eradicated especially in ā€˜forward thinkingā€™ countries like Belgium and Iceland. That is a sad fact.

Irish people, thankfully, donā€™t share that outlook.

1 Like

You dont know that, those stats wonā€™t be available for 10 or 15 years.

1 Like

50% of Irish women who were told their foetus had DS chose not to abort. These figures were mentioned during the debate.

Do you think that in retrospect your tactic of posting ā€œYou kill babiesā€ over 500 times and then not voting yourself might have been counter-productive?
When you look back could there have been a more effective strategy?

4 Likes