All Ireland Football Final 2024

Would you blame them?
Did you see the women in the stand?

3 Likes

https://x.com/somearagaa/status/1817602992876466442

Full time stats

ARMAGH vs GALWAY

Expected Score of Armagh 11.6 vs 14.2 Galway

Poor Galway shooting in 2nd half and Armagh converting goal chance the difference

Armagh won Blanket Defence/sweeper wars with 1-11 from 25 (56%) to Galway’s 0-9 from 24 (38%)…

But Expected Score into sweeper defences was only 44% to 42%

Galway getting four man-on-mans, two overlaps and two high turnovers and scoring 0-4 from them, compared to Armagh’s mere two man-on-mans, kept them in touch.

But ultimately, shooting was the difference

1 Like

What was the free count? Must be the lowest in years

This seems to be a feature of the modern game

It’s a dart to Louisa Bridged filled with venom

3 Likes

There won’t be much Orchard Thieves drunk tonight in Galway.

4 Likes

Was in Ballybunion for the day, only heard the last few minutes so can’t comment on the match
But……Jarlath Burns speech was a thing of beauty, and such an incredible moment for him as a father, just wonderful, maybe he’ll get stick for going on too long but I was rapt.
And what a day for McGeeney, Jesus he’s had nothing but criticism since the day he went into management, written off all over the place, what a vindication

5 Likes

But then it would end up 0-3 to 0-2 with 15 men back and no way to break them down or play the ball around them.

Nor a great day on the line for PJ. The Sean Kelly switch made no sense, amongst others

10 plus years with them in charge

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/luket3_2_1/status/1817597447742578791?s=46

:grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

1 Like

At least 2 on the field today related to my grandson,
Cross ppl :muscle:

5 Likes

God fucking bless anyone hanging eound Ayre square tonight. I was up for Galway but that level of pot-shitting is just remarkable. God bless Shane Walshe and his thoughts. Poor fucker.

1 Like

I was at that today.

A really poor match. Happy that Armagh won it though.

1 Like

Last 20 was exciting, Galway defence awful ref goal,
Know they expected he was going to fist it over the bar,:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:they were fuckin soft

Soft sums them up.

Armagh didn’t even play well, Turbitt subbed, Rian O’Neill did feck all.

1 Like

The curse of the GAA shaper struck Walsh. I’m always rooting for them to defy convention but very very few if any do their stuff on the big occasion.

2 Likes

He kicked 2 x wonderful points.

5 Likes

I’m thick, but I don’t get the reference.