All Ireland Football Final 2024

Absolute beauties.
Conroy kicked 3 unreal points as well.

3 Likes

The lads I’ve met this evening who’d into “modern” coaching think it was a very interesting game with class scores. The armchair lads thought it was shocking.

Kev had a spat with Michael Foley on Twitter over the standard of it

Once again it sounds like a free kicked from the hands rather than the ground has proven to be pivotal, Walsh missed one in the 71st minute that was a gimme off the floor, incredible

5 Likes

Missed a mark from a similar area about 5 minutes before that as well

There are very few freetakers taking those ones from the ground these days. From further out yes but 40 metres in from the hand seems to be more reliable

Was one of them not kicked by oisin?

Watching it back there on tg4. Cian Darcy was heroic in the last 15 mins.

6 Likes

All them northy cunts look the same to me

1 Like

I’ll never accept that :grinning:
This is a handy free off the floor, perfect in fact for a right footer, it’s not the first time

1 Like

I remember Dessie Dolan is missed one out of the hands straight in front of the posts on the 21 and nobody took one out of their hands for about ten years after it.

1 Like

No offence but I’m going to go with the opinions of the likes of David Clifford, Dean Rock and Ryan O Donoghue over your good self. All the top guys are going from the hand from there.

1 Like

Nah, I’m offended now.

Off the ground, aim for the far post and watch it sail over the black spot with plenty to spare :+1:

1 Like

A handy enough all ireland.
Armagh have a solid team but no outstanding forwards. FOTY should probably be cancelled this year.

4 Likes

Dean rocks gps one was off the ground was it not?

1 Like

Armagh are by no means the worst team to win the AI. Just cause the average Joe football fan doesn’t know many of the names.

They are a very good side clearly. Much better than the Tyrone side who won it. I’d be confident they would have beaten Kerry 2022 side. None of the Dubs winning teams though. Fair fucks to Armagh, they may never get this chance again but they grabbed it by the throat and now they have a Celtic cross. Delighted for Geezer, RON etc. They have had serious heartbreak over the last while and it’s poetic to see them at the peak of the mountain now.

2 Likes

Think it was Des Dolan or someone said he fucked his back practicing kicking frees off the deck but admitted it was more reliable.

Yer man Rory would’ve slotted those no bother, or Cluxton.

Side note imagine if Clifford had the game SW had today.

Seanie O Shea says hello.

I’m with trackie here. Its probably as much old school thinking as well as being a free taker from donkeys years ago, but i much rather a long distance free struck off the ground. Far more control over the variables, no hand to ball, drop issue, connection on an upswing. Its just a strike off the ground. Like i say, its certainly an old way of thinking, but the best strikes and most consistent are off the ground.

And thats before we get into the goalkeeper issue of free taking in recent years

4 Likes

Comer was brutal, at least Walsh tried.
Saying that, full forward line in modern football must be the toughest position to play on the pitch.

3 Likes