All Ireland Football Final 2024

I kicked frees for years and Iā€™d have loved that one, youā€™d need a good connection but after that itā€™s a gimme.
Kicking that from your hand has too much to go wrong

Who would you rate as real elite level free taker

Not sure of stats but Larry Tompkins always seemed lethal/huge success rate

Has anyone ever tried kicking a ball off the ground, itā€™s a very difficult skill as the ball is heavy and unless your 100% fit which Walsh was not then youā€™re not kicking those too easy.

I always get the sense that Walsh drops his shots over the bar and heā€™d be better served hitting the back net tonight, given his natural talents, he went short off a free 45 yards out that he should be pinging off the outside of the right.

3 Likes

Maurice Fitz, Tompkins, Stafford was deadly accurate, Maurice Sheridan had a beautiful stroke.

Bryan Sheehan maybe the sweetest of them all

I forgot Corkery

1 Like

A man you could watch kicking frees all day long

7 Likes

Walsh canā€™t have been right.

The fact he went with the left for the free in the first half would suggest he didnā€™t have the strength in his right.

Cluxton was some lad for the long range kicks.

The days of marque forwards winning games on their own are long over. They are double teamed with space also being blocked off. The teams getting to last four are the best coached teams. Its all about systems now and the coaching thereof. You seen what a difference Jim Mc made in Donegal in one season.

5 Likes

Tremendous razzmatazz there at the famed Carrickdale Hotel.

Thought myself Jarlath Burns was ott. Heā€™s the President of the Association, not a cheerleader.

Maurice Fitz would have kicked it off the ground with his bad leg.

2 Likes

Michael Murphy retiring nearly helped Donegal this year. Trying to play through one player doesnā€™t work anymore. He was always slowing it down.

If David Clifford was born in another era heā€™d win all Irelands on his own.

It was Jim Gavinā€™s biggest achievement to get all the Dublin players to dumb down their games and play as a team. They lost the swagger and flamboyancy after the Donegal loss in 2014.

2 Likes

That was a very boring final.

Itā€™s sad what the game has become. Still seems to attract players so maybe Iā€™m in the wrong.

The Kev type characters will have loved that final. In an attempt to justify their existence.

4 Likes

Armaghs defence was superb today. Once they came inside the 45 the squeeze was on. If they want to rely on boomers from Conroy thatā€™s fine but they wonā€™t kick enough of them.

Thought Galway were very poor at getting beyond them. They might find a body inside but then no support arrived and they end up back outside the 45 again. Still they had chances galore when the game opened up.

Armagh took far more risks in the Galway half. Were willing to launch in a few to keep them honest and weā€™re always available off the shoulder.

At the same time if Galway kick two of those handy chances Joyce is a genius and McGeeney a nearly man

2 Likes

Seanie takes long range frees off the ground, 45 metres plus. Walshā€™s miss was much closer. Basically we have a couple of aul lads on the internet telling the best freetakers in the country that they are doing it wrong

2 Likes

Coould someone resurrect the @peddlerscross post about ulster bating all round them. It needs a minor revision.

Walsh was crippled

I actually fell asleep watching it. I can see why people want the hurling season extended but i am relieved the football is over. A snoozefest.

Is he a cunt?

They all missed their share and most of them played 30 years ago.

1 Like