All Ireland Football Final 2024

That isn’t an argument, it’s an admission you have no argument. A fun day out for children and families (and pissheads and anybody else at a loose end) in Croke Park, with a very low ticket price, watching the best footballers and hurlers in Ireland play ball in an environment which will genuinely showcase their abilities, is a promotional idea worth trying.

David Clifford and Con O’Callaghan and Rian O’Neill and Damien Comer and Michael Langan and the Canavan twins in one place on the same bill.

Rugby has 7s. Cricket has T20 and it’s very popular. Other sports have representative games.

I don’t get the hostility. Organise it, market it, see does it work. If it doesn’t work well at least the idea has been tried.

I can’t think of any reason the likes of David Clifford wouldn’t participate in it.

David Clifford participates in a load of games that are way beneath his talent. He was flogged in the Sigerson. He’s flogged in three separate club championships in Kerry on bogs of pitches.

Strutting his skills in a low pressure environment in Croke Park seems an eminently more attractive proposition for him.

Id disagree here. Watching those boys play 7s wouldnt be that great. It’d be a great chan e for counties that are strong at football but struggle with 15s to compete. Would be great for the likes of monaghan and roscommon, cork and mayo. A couple of years and it would be flying

The Guinness Soccer Sixes were class. They were won by the likes of Charlton Athletic and Oxford United. The real start of Liverpool’s downfall was when Luton beat Liverpool 4-0 in the 1990 final at Manchester’s G-Mex Arena. You could have the like of Laois or Meath winning it - OK maybe that’s too far fetched - but maybe a team like Roscommon or Fermanagh might win it.

Settle down will you? It was only a suggestion. Anything would be better than way it is currently.

It’s weeks like this that @Il_Bomber_Destro is a huge loss to the forum - he would face been a serious hype man to have for Armagh this week and the forum would have been all the better for it.

Even though he was miles off @BruidheanChaorthainn off the wall predictions on how the hurling would go last week and inability to listen to any reason only added to it and at least he had a good strong opinion.

Badly missed with the football

Safe travels to all today.

One of my favourite parts of a ‘Year Til Sunday’ is all the shots of Galway supporters travelling en masse to Croke Park, or whatever bar is suitable should they be abroad.

Any day your County is playing in an All Ireland final is a great day. And a day that makes you thankful to be alive.

12 Likes

I wasn’t miles off.

When it was 1-7 to 3 points down the floodgates very nearly opened.

You seem to get worked up when somebody has a different opinion to you.

:pray::pray::clap::clap::clap:

Nearly never bullt the cow

1 Like

But nobody told me I was wrong when Clare were 7 down.

It’s easy say somebody is wrong post game.

It was 10 minutes in ya clown

1 Like

You said it was going to be another 2008 or 2021 demolition job😂

And after 20 or so minutes it was looking that way.

I didn’t see too many people saying I was wrong then.

Best of luck to all the Galway contingent on here. I hope they do it for John O’ Mahoney. Hopefully Armagh cut loose and it develops into a classic.

7 Likes

You’re a gas man.

I’d say Clare were back on level terms by the 20th minute. Clare have now won the last 4 championship meetings between the sides. It was never going to be anything more than a one or two score game. In fact Clare had stormed back from 7 points down in May when the sides met in the Munster Round Robin too.

1-8 to 1-6 with Clare in the ascendancy - think Cork went 20 plus minutes + without a score from play til Fitzgibbons point on the stroke of half time.

It’s easy be right after the fact.

The very same lads were telling me in May Waterford wouldn’t beat cork when I said they would.

They weren’t crowing post game that evening.