All Ireland Football Final - An Classico

That’s a massive takeaway for me today. This generation of Kerry players have handed over the “Princes of Football” title to Dublin. In 2019 they had an extra man for 40 mins to try stop the 5 in a row and failed. This loss now takes the sheen off their 8 in a row men of Spillane, Power,…

12 Likes

Would not agree. I think DG had an excellent final as referee.

5 Likes

Aw.

Nah mate. Sure even fitzmaurice said it was a free and he was stupid to do it. Hed a load of slaps and a little kick at him.

Regardless of weight of numbers I’d still find it hard to rank the Jim Gavin side ahead of Mick O’Dwyer’s side. Two of the 9 medal men, Cluxton and James McCarthy would comfortably make a composite side. The third member of the 9 club, Mick Fitzsimons did some job on David Clifford today.

What does ‘Aw’ mean in Yola?

Just Like 2015 , dubs had a better grasp of finer skills of the games in testing conditions

2 Likes

Id disagree. AIs are harder won now than a walk through munster then 2 games.

2 Likes

Did he though? He was okay. Clifford kicked two points from play and probably missed another 3 that he would get any other day through poor execution/decision making with Fitzsimons nowhere near him.

9 Likes

Another day Clifford has him reddened but somehow he is in the talk for motm, that’s sport I suppose.

1 Like

There was a stupid high challenge on McCaffrey too,

It’s only a foul if the ball is caught after the second bounce, chipping it back into your hands breaks the sequence.

2 Likes

Brian Howard was in for MOTM before he came off.

The fact that Fitzsimons is the only other taker shows that it really wasn’t much of a match.

Mannion will be thereabouts

Congrats Dublin.well deserved.i think James McCarthy is the greatest footballer of all time.they will be still talking about him 100 years from now.

A good clear eyed point. DC, while gifted, had several crucial possessions in second half. Had radar been in, he would have been MOTM and a shoo in for FOTY. DC’s inability to kick consistently off the outside of his right foot is a rare technical glitch on his part.

Who will now be FOTY? Is there a case for Stephen Cluxton? Surely coming back at 41 and winning a ninth All Ireland is the greatest achievement in the history of the GAA?

2 Likes

He’d have my vote every day of the week,

Manniin, Fenton and Cluxton were all excellent.

Didn’t realise he was involved with them too.

Is that what ye’re reduced to? :joy:

2 Likes