All Ireland Football Final - An Classico

One of my best buddies, a roarin’ Vincent’s man, is in The Gravediggers with his wife at the minute. They live around the corner.

Massive envy.

But all congratulations to ye.

3 Likes

Congrats mate.

I reckon Clifford kicked 4 wides. Any other player gets hauled off for that. Poor decision making.

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Howard was the best man on the pitch today i felt

The handling was massive issue which can be blamed on the weather.

Also blame on the weather.

Where else was quality lacking?

I thought some of the kicking out of the hands was desperate

All Stars Team:

1. Cluxton
  2. O’Sullivan
  3. Fitzsimons
  4. Foley
  5. J McCarthy
  6. D O’Connor
  7. C McCarthy
  8. Fenton
  9. Rodgers
  10. P Clifford
  11. Mannion
  12. Costello
  13. McGuigan
  14. D Clifford
  15. Basquel

7 Dublin, 5 Kerry, 2 Derry, 1 Monaghan. I’m cheating a bit by having a third midfielder at 6, but there wasn’t an outstanding centre back and it would be harsh if O’Connor missed out.

Why can’t Jack O’Connor do back to backs?

For me it’s possibly that he is too loyal to the team that won it the previous year. They brought nothing new through today. Now the counter argument is there was nothing to bring through and that might also be fair.

Kerry were lucky to get the one last year. Not a vintage crop

2 Likes

Agreed. That wasn’t a vintage Dublin either though. Think Galway should have gone much deeper into it and would have had a right chance.

1 Like

It actually was a vintage dublin for a finish. Which tells you how bad the rest are

The kicking. You might have missed the fact that David Clifford had a mare.

And you can’t blame all the ball losing on the weather.

1 Like

In fairness @Julio_Geordio , you can talk about vintage this and that, I know it hurts with your Kerry connections, but, that doesnt matter.

Winning is what it is all about. The Dubs won a tough contest admirably. Fair play to them.

I was completely neutral today. I have no great gra for the Kerry footballers. Neither side needed another all Ireland. I was happy to sit back and watch it. In a way it was nice for Clucko and the boys to come back and stamp their greatness again. Not that it was ever in doubt.

Tackling was ferocious today in fairness

It was. But lads went into tackles when they probably shouldn’t have too,

Very true. But its easy saying it watching on. Another thing doing it in the pace of the game

1 Like

There were some atrocious efforts at points today. O’Shea in the very first minute, and then Moynihan and Mannion each had one that you rarely see at intercounty level. It was clear both sets of players knew there was an awful lot riding on it, twas more than just the usual final.

2 Likes

But sure none of us could comment on a game then