All Ireland Football Final - An Classico

Because he didn’t catch it. He hopped it and tapped it back into his hand with his toe

That’s fair enough. Look, The dub’s were the better team without having to be outstanding. It was an incredible All Ireland Final that way as there was serious legacy pieces on the line.

1 Like

Deegan said ‘he bounced it on his toe’ and was hence ok.

Which confused the whole thing.

How does evan comerford feel tonight i wonder ?

I saw deegan at ht alright and thought he explained it ok…but I didn’t think it was a foul on first place so maybe I was looking at it differently

What’s the story with him? He is injured yes?

What the fuck was gavin white at? Jaysus

Dean Rock got the teeth done…

In fairness when Gough allowed it I assumed it was ok. He may be picky but he rarely gets calls wrong.

1 Like

But what may look like a poor decision on your couch may have been the only decision they had on the field. A split second to look up, bit of space ahead, no good pass on, one solo too many look up and three lads converge on you from nowhere.

That’s the case in every match you spectate kid, in any sport

1 Like

A woman sitting beside me in the pub today told me that she saw him at the local dentist on her last visit - it’s a sign of the times in the county when that is our connection to AI winners.

There was something Mayo like about the Kerry loss today. The best t.e.a.m. won ok, but Kerry weren’t playing with a full deck. There seemed to be a loyalty or a political situation with like of Stephen O’ Brien and Paul Geaney on the pitch. While SoB couldn’t be fought for having the will, he hadn’t the way, too easily bottled up and turned over and remained on the pitch too long. Geaney scored 1-01 or 02, but did fuck all off the ball, his work rate was zero. Too much focus on the Cliffords. Young Spillane kicked a point when he came on that SoB couldn’t if he had the whole park to himself.
All that said, and despite the brainfart from White, I repeat the best team won, wiser heads stood apart. Well done to the Dubs.
David Gough, had an ok game. He was easy on the Yerras.

Didn’t feel like an all Ireland final today I have to say. It’s just too bloody early in the year. This is when I’d normally only start to watch Football

3 Likes

Are there not any other managers in Kerry?

Has he had three runs at it now?

I suppose he did win it last year.

Geaney should have had 2-1 scored by halftime, he has been poor for a few years now but still was getting chances.

I suppose he was trying to hold Spillane in reserve to have someone to have an impact of the bench. But Kerry are very light behind the first 15. And arguably as you said behind the first 13.

Stefan Okanobor (spelling no where near) was supposed to come back from Australia and give them some middle third options, but there’s no sign of him. He could be injured I’ve no idea.

For all the criticism Moran shipped he was missed when he was gone, and minus him and plus no one they were slightly worse this year

2 Likes

Mrs. B accompanied me today and she made the same point. There is a case to be made fir pushing it back a couple of weeks. Also, there needs to be a curtain raiser. Zero atmosphere until Amhran na bhFiann

I think they felt they needed a safe pair of hands last time out. Tried and tested. He did win one as you say and maybe they aren’t working with much. He got your man from the north in to sort the defence, so he isn’t afraid to bring people in to help.
But you’d wonder could more be gotten from someone else.

In fairness to O’Brien he’s in the team for his work rate and to run with the ball. And he was pretty good in the first half in that respect. That Spillane lad is much superior to the brother that seems to get his game more.