All Ireland Football Final - An Classico

FAO of @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy@padjo is picking on me again.

1 Like

Think About It GIF by Identity

3 Likes

All Ireland finals are not meant to be played in July. That’s the start, middle and end of it.

End this abomination now.

5 Likes

Not the best seat in the house but a pulsating finish nonetheless. A friend of mine nabbed a ticket which turned out to be right up behind the journalists. He said Paddy Andrews kicked every ball and logged straight into Insta at half-time to check his social media likes. Mulligans was brilliant fun after the match. A fine chicken curry, rice and chips as well.

Despite the multitude of games this year with the convoluted system it’s still difficult to determine who actually deserves to be player of the year. My companions reckoned Brian Fenton should get it but there really was no standout footballer this year imo. Clifford had a mare today by his incredible standards. Took on way too many Hollywood shots and snatched at things.

1 Like

To be honest I only saw the game because of the rain delay at The Oval.

5 Likes

8 Likes

I’ve a few second cousins out that way - lads I’ve never met - that got a few runs with Limerick in the football, and here’s me thinking what would the family do if they had a game against Kerry! It’s bizarre

Fairly sure I said it before as well. Kerry only do soft All Irelands

38 soft All Irelands.

8 Likes

A bit like the Tipp hurlers so

Anyone saying Mick Fitz got the better of Clifford is 100pc wrong. Clifford absolutely roasted him in reality off very limited ball. I don’t think Mick won one ball off him or even held him up that I can recall. Clifford scored two class points beating his man all ends up, set up at least one other for SOS, set up the goal with a brilliant pass and was fouled for at least two more after leaving MF on his hole on a couple of other occasions. He kicked 3 poor wides at least but he was under no pressure kicking them. Unfortunately that’s what his performance will be remembered for but fair is fair too.

21 Likes

Thats about the size of it

Clifford ran up against a ref who wasn’t overawed, who didn’t automatically reach for the handy card the second a defender dared attempt a tackle and who saw through his share of pulling and dragging.
He was found wanting.
Fuck him and his banshee of inniswherever lookalike of a brother.

1 Like

They nominated Morley for MOTM also because Con was shit again today not that Crowley did anything out of the ordinary they just picked a token Kerry man as a nominee when they at least could have picked Paudie Clifford who was actually excellent in the 2nd half.

3 Likes

Clifford was awarded a free in from one of those ridiculous off the ball frees Gough called that @Bandage alluded to. For some unknown reason, he listened to Mick Fitz and over throws the free.

Big call @glenshane

1 Like

Morley made a few excellent blocks but you could argue went a miss on other occasions.

Paudie Clifford deserved a nomination.

The ball has to bounce straight back into the hands for it to be a hop. He used his foot to get it into his hands the second time.

Incorrect

They could if they aired the sunday game from McDaids.