All Ireland Football Final - An Classico

I dont think he will but he should be in the conversation. He may not be nominated.

I dont have a strong opinion on who wins it. There isn’t an outstanding candidate.

I think SC, in light of DC no longer being a shoo in, should get FOTY. Seems to me returning after two years of retirement and winning a ninth Celtic Cross is the greatest individual achievement in GAA history.

SC was also out of this world against Kerry.

1 Like

That would surely be bad for business. I didn’t like the way he left or came back. There is a surliness to him, he’d love the car but you’d hardly get a word.

Also, as brilliant as he is (best kicker, passer off the floor in the country). The best goalkeeper ever by daylight. He is a goalkeeper.

You give it to Clifford, good to excellent the whole time in a trying year.

Should be McGuigan or Brendan Rogers but it won’t be

2 Likes

Rogers was unbelievable, Kerry need to find òne like him.

1 Like

Ah look… What does his personality have to do with giving SC FOTY? Nothing, surely.

My understanding of his ‘retirement’ is that Dessie Farrell acted the gobshite over/during Covid. SC challenged the illegal training. The two Small brothers started jibing SC. DF did not stand up for SC. So SC walked, on point of principle.

Two years of defeat in 2021 and 2022 softened DF’s cough. Evan Comerford’s injury meant a recall for SC.

While I can see the prompts behind your view, I actually think SC behaved well in context – and behaved even better in returning to fold.

But I would be perfectly happy to see DC get FOTY.

Mother of God, if two Ulster teams served up that absolute shite, we’d be listening to the usual suspects prattle on about changing the rules and how the game was unwatchable. Because it was these two though, it was “engrossing.” There were a few wides kicked that you’d scold under 14s for kicking. Both teams were incredibly defensive.

@Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy was right.

1 Like

Didn’t know the full ins and outs of his coming and going, especially the going. (I think I might have read it here at the time and maybe forgotten)

It would be fitting in some ways, but I just don’t feel like he needs it or that we need to see it!

Personality indeed has nothing to do with FOTY, and he owes none of us anything. To me though, you might feel a responsibility to speak to thank the spectators who paid inand follow the team all year, clubmates, mentors, parents et cetera; because it probably means a lot to them to hear you speak, because you’re a star player and people look up to you or whatever.

There are a lot of lads reluctant speakers but they do it. James McCarthy for one. I think SC just irks me really and I’m biased.

Last thing on Cluxton, and I suspect you won’t care about this, but his kicking off the floor is unbelievable. He is better with his feet that with his hands, even though he is also excellent under the high ball and very robust. If you look at the make and shape of all the new breed of soccer goalkeeper, they are Stephen Cluxton. If he was coming around now, he would be the Irish soccer keeper I have little doubt, if that is what he wanted to do.

Worst all Ireland in years…terrible to watch.

2 Likes

The only time two Ulster teams played each other in Croker this year, there were 28 scores after 90. This game had more in 20 minutes less, despite a few wides been kicked.

Thank god we got the final we wanted, imagine the Ulster shite clogging up the great occasion

Not bad for a full back lining out at midfield

1 Like

I have a feeling James McCarthy could carry on, on the crest of a wave and do something really special with Ballymun Kickhams this winter.

You’d hope so but I’m not sure he can do it all on his own

Kerry hit one ball into DC into the first 19 mins and he scored a point with it, it was crazy approach by kerry, why not test Fitzsimmons under a high one? DC set up the goal with as sublime a pass you will see in an all ireland final. scored 2 points and had a hand in about 1-3. For a mere mortal it was a fine performance but more is expected from him. I dont accept Fitzsimmons who has been some player for Dublin had a brillant match at all, he got lucky Kerry forgot to play ball to Clifford in the first quarter and Clifford was off target with a few shots

One player I was disappointed with was Seanie O’Shea, I would question his candidature for an all star to be honest, he did make the sunday game team of the year.

2 Likes

Guiness at the post match press conference, guinness in pub snaps, guiness tops

Are guinness now the official stout partner of Dublin GAA?!

The 1st half was flat , I was at the match and the crowd was even flat, there would have been noise, passion , hulabuloo at a county final

2nd half picked up alright

Pissarse Roy will approve

Pipers Corner.

The Baileys chasers…!

Jeez he was so wrong about a multitude of topics he legged it off the forum in shame

1 Like